Law Enforcement Agency Priority

One big issue I see with V2 is despite the addition of 3 municipal police departments, FSP and SCSO still tend to patrol in Redwood or other cities instead of sticking to the highways or unincorporated areas. I personally believe policies should be put in place for these depts to avoid responding to calls in a city unless municipal PDs are unavailable or lack the manpower to respond.

1 Like

instead let’s reinstate the FSP vs FNG war of v1 and hope for the best, last department standing takes control of the entire state

11 Likes

The issue is that the Sheriff’s Office and State Patrol both have map-wide jurisdiction which means they can patrol anywhere.

The highways and the unincorporated areas are simply ‘preferred patrol areas’. In the majority of cases, they’ll patrol within the cities more than anywhere else because those areas are more populated than the patrol areas are.

Nobody is going to just sit on an unincorporated road running radar, bored, when they can patrol within city limits and get some action.

It’s how it is and how it always will be.

6 Likes

are you complaining about cops doing their job with map-wide jurisdiction…
the other patrol routes are preferred areas, but they don’t have to stick to them.

if its that much of an issue and you REALLY WANT people to stop doing their law enforcement duties by looking for crime, go to their command.

1 Like

Fed has literally stated FSP and SCSO should stick to their preferred jurisdiction. Take it up with him man

1 Like

I understand what you’re getting at. However, this would spark controversy if it were set in place. Since both FSP and SCSO’s jurisdiction is pretty much the entire map, we also have duties that would require us to be in cities. For example, with ESU now, they would need to be in redwood to handle their duties or with SWAT where they would take over scene command over a tactical situation. These kind of stuff local pds cannot do or can’t do on their own. Therefore, everything is okay where it’s at now.

However, it’s not okay if FSP and SCSO all stayed in redwood doing nothing but just wasting space by stuffing their faces with nonexistent donuts and a bloxy creme coffee. But there hasn’t been any of that at least not yet since there is a lot of action currently. Sure it’s possible it happens but that’s normally because if like the game has like ten people and half of those are in something like RPD (yes I like to bully you guys because that’s the most active city lol) and of course, people wanna get their log in so that they won’t get fired. But if it’s really active and there’s a problem regarding FSP or SCSO not doing their job, just report it rather than rant about how bad a department is in the forums because of a SINGLE DEPUTY OR TROOPER was simply AFK because he was doing the laundry or fighting demons in the bathroom.

Our main focus as everyone else has been saying is to work together to fight crime rather than fight each other over jurisdictions. That should be the case, we all have that one problem in common, so we should set our differences aside and work together. Remember that it’s just a hecking lego game and not real life. So just complaining about how you see a trooper or a deputy in a city when local pd is on is just pure pettiness. There are bigger problems than just that tiny situation. In conclusion, our job is to work together and yes us FSP and SCSO are in the cities in the majority of our times because our jurisdiction has a significant amount more of ground to cover, if you see a trooper or deputy causing trouble or just wasting your time regarding that, just report it to command and they’ll handle it accordingly.

Disclaimer: These are just my thoughts and opinions only as this doesn’t represent the department I serve.

2 Likes

I have proposed SCSO introducing various “areas of focus” into official policy, this would mean deputies would patrol a certain (unincorporated) area of the county, maybe even with Sergeant+ assigning and maintaining them (through the use of the map in the bullpen).

1 Like

My concern is the fact that municipal PDs don’t get the chance to respond to a city emergency before SCSO or FSP gets to it first. There’s no point in being in a PD if you’re constantly getting overridden by another agency. This isn’t real life where “fighting crime” is something important rather than a game aspect. Crime isn’t a problem for officers, it’s what fuels activity. I just think that crimes committed in these cities deserve PD response first before anyone else. Like I said, Fed has stated that these agencies like SCSO and FSP have preferred jurisdictions and need to stick to them (going as far to literally marking it on a map). I don’t find it petty when FSP would gladly report a SCSO deputy sitting on the highway running traffic. ESU and SWAT are fine as long as they are performing their set duties.

2 Likes

But this isn’t an issue, the municipal departments get to respond to city emergencies before anyone else unless there’s zero of them online. As someone who isn’t in a municipal department I’m always one of the last people on scene (because most of us aren’t actually sitting in RW) unless the call comes from the 401 or any of the unincorporated towns.

2 Likes

Im sorry that happened or congratulations

7 Likes

srry 4 ur loss

2 Likes

I think people forget that the Sheriff’s Office station is literally in Redwood so they’re automatically within the city to begin with and you can’t expect them to want to drive out of there when there’s plenty of crime occurring

2 Likes

preferred

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.