Is there a Legislation on unfair punishment?

We don’t deny medical service

1 Like

anything over 2 hrs in jail is cruel and unusual punishment

3 Likes

Solitary. The words you’re looking for are solitary confinement.
Plus, the way it’s been described here gives the impression he’s been given a life sentence (way too much for a kid’s game), which would in itself merit a court case.
Nevertheless, it isn’t a life sentence, and so I digress.

It is, however, whether or not it was intentionally left out, cruel. Realistically speaking, deprivation of human contact is a cruelty in and of itself, and allows one to gradually go insane (see POWs during the Vietnam War, of which I just finished reading a fantastic book on not too long ago!). Sure, this is a game, but it can be roleplayed.
This is why prisons in Europe work so much better than prisons in ‘Murica: because the prisoners are allowed to feel more human and are exposed to new beneficial attributes and environments instead of being locked up all the time. Europeans view American prisons as cruel and unusual because of the difference in culture.

In my opinion, unusual? No. Cruel? Yes. Court case? Meh, try it. Maybe not base our prison system off America, back away from demonizing criminals in a kid’s cops and robbers game, give prisoners a friggin’ five star resort, and teach them things such as how to appeal their cases or how to get a job from Commerce or the State or County in order to find some other way to obtain money instead of locking them up and then locking them up even harder when they create problems? Yes. Please.

1 Like

Lock up = not aloud out of cell, you can ask for food and water it will be RP delivered to your cell.

1 Like

they did for people on lockup before i told them they can’t

1 Like

Note that it says:
“Citizens shall never face cruel and unusual punishment”
As such, whilst I agree that it may be seen as cruel, and it potentially is, it isn’t illegal.

The only program that currently exists is the no citizen left behind program, and that barely works. Plus not all criminals want to become “good people”.

Yeah, okay, but no. The State or County does not generally employ people with criminal records, so no point in us helping them to try and get jobs that they can’t possibly get unless they get an expungement.

Furthermore, the prison time in-game is too short. We barely get enough time to get them to make soup, go to the yard, have a visit, or have free time. We do not have enough time for these programs.
Even if the lockup system gets abolished, it won’t change anything. COs can just not give people yardtime, etc.

1 Like

He just did.

1 Like

this is why us criminal have a doc discord server for paging cos for activities which they always ignore and vote against

1 Like

I’m aware, but we’re not always on and we can get busy. I personally try to respond but it’s not always possible

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like