Is there a Legislation on unfair punishment?

I was wondering if there is any legislation on unfair punishment at all because my friend scriblez has been put on permanent lock-up meaning he can’t get soup himself, no visitors, no yard time at all and never allowed out. This is way to unfair punishment for a jailbreak. If you know anything we can get doc for please put a link to the legislation below.

2 Likes

not really, the cruel and unusual punishment clause in the bill of rights doesn’t apply here

2 Likes

okay that “cruel and unusual punishment” doesn’t exist any where in this state wtf?

Gives 10 hours in DoC

The cruel and punishment doesn’t apply here

Gives permanent solitary

The cruel and punishment does apply here

Bills of Rights exist

The cruel and punishment does apply here

3 Likes

just keep supervision on him

2 Likes

Section VII of the BOR defines cruel and unusual punishment:

Citizens shall never face cruel and unusual punishment. Just punishments should only ever be
given by the Judicial Branch, and citizens have the right to appeal when faced with cruel and
unusual punishment.

Section 2 of “A bill to Establish Prisoner Rights” grants prisoners the following rights:

All prisoners shall be free from cruel and unjust punishment, have shelter from the elements, access to adequate food and water, be able to voice their concerns, and use their BOR.I rights. All prisoners shall also be able to access health care if needed, which shall be provided by the Department of Health, and Stapleton County Fire Department. The Stapleton County Fire Department will use an ambulance to transport an inmate to the hospital if the inmate has life-threatening injuries.

No cases of this nature have yet been argued in the SC. You could attempt to challenge the actions in court, and you might win or might not. The law doesn’t necessarily seek to protect those rights and it’s very vague and ambiguous in regards to this. But as mentioned earlier, you could attempt to try it and, maybe even get a precedent set. The reason I suggest attempting to argue it is because in accordance with: “A bill to establish prisoner rights” you are to be granted access to water which you claim was denied to your friend.

2 Likes

None of these rights are being violated, he just can’t have visitation or anything.

That could be argued for all prisoners, i.e. if DOC isn’t online to give prisoners the opportunity to make soup.

Well, he should technically be temporarily banned for, at least from what I’ve been told, FRPing in order to escape.

Note how it says cruel AND unusual. “Solitary confinement” is certainly not unusual, and is used across the United States on a somewhat regular basis. There are even some prisoners who are in solitary for their entire sentence, take the mastermind behind the “Pittsburgh Six” escape, Nuno Pontes, for example, who serves his life sentence in solitary confinement 24/7.

You can always take it to the supreme court, but it would take a while to get to court, and I doubt that it would be ruled in your favour anyways.

2 Likes

n e g a t i v e

2 Likes

Even if 5 DoC is online he can’t get soup, visits or yard time, whats the point of DoC then?

2 Likes

No it’s not illegal and the only thing you can do is talk to someone in DoC High Command (best would be to talk to the one who issued it).

2 Likes

Im not gonna lie its your fucking fault for breaking out and giving sert the run around for an hour and a half, if you behaved and didnt abuse the soup time we give you then you would be allowed it but clearly people who are on lock up are incapable of behaving in our prison and cant be trusted out of a cell. Eg if your pissed. B e h a v e, C o m p l y!

3 Likes

We do we give people who can be trusted soup, how do you think they got the key in the first place? They escaped so to prevent it we put them in solitary.

2 Likes

isn’t the point of that feature to escape DoC?

2 Likes

Didn’t he say he doesn’t have access to food or water?

2 Likes

we are denied access to food or water in the kitchen

2 Likes

that isnt a violation lol

certified tony lawer speak

2 Likes

Ultimately if you believe you have a case (in this case, a violation of statute or his rights), file a complaint with the district court. If they agree that you, at least, have a fair argument, you will have a trial date set and other arrangements made. Either way, like others have said, since there is not particularly case precedent on this, the presiding judge (or jury) will have to make that determination.

2 Likes

supreme court writ

go my child, have fun

2 Likes

actually it is illegal if you deny them medical service

2 Likes

Where did he say that?

2 Likes

Uhhh what?

2 Likes