Introducing: Everything [DEPARTMENT] Lacks

Coming right up.

2 Likes

Also, please note: This is not just about what DPW lacks. If other department employees want me to write about their department, i’d be happy to. DM me, tag me, or reply to me and tell me what your department lacks, and I’ll make a post about it.

2 Likes

not gonna lie. this is something that has been on my mind for a while so imma say it here, i think lots of businesses are starting to deprive dpw from their uses. (i am in no way having a go at businesses here as they are creative and fun), but, an irl DPW manages “infrastructure”, which is defined as literally any physical thing in a city, i think dpw should have some form of managment of this “infrastructure”, like water, gas and electicity, i mean our logo even has water in it, i think dpw should have some form of management of infrastructure

4 Likes

u could have done this but the business came first

there are also no water companies so have at it

3 Likes

False the arrow truck is SPE everything else is PE except the supervisor Tahoe which is common sense

3 Likes

I will point out for FDOA’s case that in every instance where a F-150 with a logo on the side has been requested, it has always been denied. The reason being that FDOA doesn’t need an F-150. It’d be great for roleplay. DPW’s sole existence is based on roleplay.

3 Likes

bruh xd

2 Likes

Departments that are based on roleplay (the core value of the state/community) constantly get neglected. They are refused change and while other departments have an array of cars and tools that are only getting added to, departments such as DPW, DoH, and FDoA are constantly ignored which is quite sad.

3 Likes

DPW, a sole roleplay department, gets a brand new vehicle model in V3. FDOA has asked for a F150 with a logo on it.

1 Like

Capital gas rped without team and tools. They dressed up as employees and drove to locations and role played a lot. I would know nice I targeted them.

3 Likes

DOT lacks good leadership
FSP & SCSO lacks quality employees
DPS lacks the proper respect
Commence lacks proper guidelines
DOBW doesn’t need to exists

I could go on and on but I think it’s time for y’all to stop complaining and help do change

3 Likes

yes but then those buisnesses would have to get teams and the whole 9 yards

2 Likes

SCFD, one of the main emergency services in the state, and most important being the only, lacks respect, adequate staffing, and proper equipment. They are trained to perform a large variety of tasks yet they can’t even get 3 people on a heavy piece most of the time, let alone a full company of 4 and 2 personnel on the Med Units. They’re often transporting patients alone. Ideally, there should be 1 medic in the back and 2-3 for critical patients (hence the word “we’re taking a driver”) to perform treatment and oversee care while enroute to hospital. While other departments continue to get more vehicles and tools, SCFD can’t even get basic tools like ladders, set of irons for forcible entry, ropes, more saws, cribbing, rescue 42 struts, throw bags for water rescue, working monitors, Lucas device, or have any functioning equipment in general without relying on solely RP. Thats just the start, theres alot more missing.

This is a service that barely anyone outside the department talks about. Some even mock it saying “its just people typing random stuff.” In reality, firefighters do alot more than just put water on a fire or drive a huge truck around.

5 Likes

Feddy wants 200 people in FSP and SCSO each, so they hire anyone that has a post certificate.

2 Likes

Ah, okay. Thanks for correcting me

2 Likes

New idea. Instead of making this a series, let’s make this a reply thread talking about what departments need and lack, and the issues of each department. Agree?

3 Likes

New idea. Instead of making this a series, let’s make this a reply thread talking about what departments need and lack, and the issues of each department. Agree?

The logo and dumpster issue for DPW has been fixed.

1 Like

Dobw will get a team when they genuinely serve a purpose

1 Like

cmon, being a trash man is fun

2 Likes

i like the idea, but its “tOo MucH wooRk” or whatever excuse the government/fed/developers wants to put up. a bit confused about why staffing was brought up in this, thought this was a development related thingy

3 Likes