Inactivity in SCSO

I’m sorry, but for all we know there could be a legit reason as to why he has that many notices. You haven’t provided any evidence to say he hasn’t been doing his job apart from the fact he doesn’t patrol V2 much, so I can only assume he is still doing his job as a Sgt and may have personal issues. Which you clearly don’t need to know about. Which is stopping him from patrolling, not everybody has the choice to sit at home playing on PC constantly, someone people have to work, and live a life more than just sitting with mummy’s and daddy’s bank card supplying their lifestyle.

For example me: do you often see me in county? No, I work 2 jobs both incredibly demanding just to survive. Do I still do every single thing needed as Dep Sec. of DHS? Yes. So why should the fact that someone doesn’t go into county often be the reason they are fired when they are still doing their job.

12 Likes

Like I said tho, if he is still sorting logs and doing all the work a Sgt needs to do externally and has a legit reason to not go to V2 then why should he be punished for doing his job?

8 Likes

Steven’s loyalty is an exception if he can still run his unit. That’s all command rlly cares about

3 Likes

yeaa I used that form before and it took weeks to get any sort of reply

4 Likes

I mean i feel bad for him lol he has a really small monitor and is probably really laggy on FS and maybe it would be possible if 2 inactivity notices = 1 strike. Sergeant+ exempt from patrol logs as long as they are logging the patrol logs of their deputies in their unit?

3 Likes

Thank you Sky for opening my eyes, you have opened them so much that I’m trying to find and pick up my eyeballs, which popped out, while typing this. Sergeant CaptainSteven is a fantastic member of the SCSO community having been with us for over 3 years, although his activity can lapse a few times he generally performs the other functions expected of a sergeant, i.e inputting logs and communicating with his unit via announcements keeping them informed, well.

Looking at his activity history, you will see that the majority of his inactive notices are from years past, with the majority being old. Although on the face it doesn’t shine an amazing light, delving deeper shows a different story. The Sergeant has expressed that he has been studying for important exams over the past few weeks explaining his inactivity, as with any other deputy if such circumstances were presented to command leniency would be given to themselves as well - including the acceptance of a leave of absence. Sid brings up Deputy FoundSaucy, Deputy FoundSaucy was issued with 3 notices to get active and failed to respond to either of them, resulting in his termination, the difference between the Deputy and the Sergeant is that the Sergeant acknowledges the notices and is known to be still with us via his performance issuing logs.

So no, the Sergeant isn’t

because he still performs the job he is assigned to do, lead a unit, with his patrolling picking up after his exams have completed.

Inactivity Notices aren’t disciplinary actions, they are reminders that your activity is slipping and needs to improve. If there was no accountability then his inactivity would have gone unnoticed and no notices would have been sent out. At the end of the day this is a game, real life comes before this game and I am pleased that our command can acknowledge that.

Eyes aren’t shut.

25 Likes

I would just like to say that SCSO does also look at inactivity notices when considering promotions. The Sergeant mentioned in this post (as James also said) has been with SCSO for multiple years now, which means notices are either old or handed out while he was a Sergeant. No person with a decent amount of recent and relevant inactivity notices would be promoted. Also we do not remove or clear inactivity notices from people’s records.

5 Likes

lol the sheriff replied now the undersheriff is this is some good shit right here

6 Likes

One crucial part of being a command member is being active to respond to supervisor requests. For high command positions, they can get away with only doing administrative work. But for middle tier command members like supervisors, they still should be active in game so they can respond to supervisor requests. It isn’t difficult to file logs, it’s just copy and pasting then seeing who hasn’t been active lately and notifying them.

4 Likes

What is the activity requirement? Like what is the bare minimum?

3 Likes

20M/4 days i think

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but all of this was prior to promotion.

9 Likes

every dept: use forms or dms

doesnt care

makes a forum post:

‘OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT’

12 Likes

Yeah, it appears that this deputy went without patrolling from March 5th, to April 27th.

Here you can see me notifying both captains in SCSO about this deputy (while he was still employed).

It seems that they didn’t care to take action until I had to tell them about it? It could’ve been a coincidence but he was terminated after 8 weeks of not patrolling, only after I contacted people. Shouldn’t the lieutenants and captains be looking for this themselves?

Also I’m very curious to what the deputy who hasn’t patrolled in 5 1/2 weeks is doing?

4 Likes

This is the exact reason I made a forum post. Of course nobody is gonna care about what I say until I bring it to the public’s vision.

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

This forum post isn’t about FSP

7 Likes

Unless it changed, up until last month it’s chosen through a simple tag in the command discord saying “who should we promote” and then its debated upon.

No person with a decent amount of recent and relevant inactivity notices would be promoted. Also, we do not remove or clear inactivity notices from people’s records.

So are we just going to forget that when I requested for Maximus to be terminated twice for inactivity, you along with the rest of high command ignored me so you could give him a three rank promotion…

4 Likes

literally nobody mentioned fsp

4 Likes

you realize thats never gonna change, those in SCSO say SCSO is better while those in FSP say FSP is better. That’s a cycle that will never end.

5 Likes