How the judicial system is broken

Do you not understand that discussion is argument dude?

First of all, It’s not a tag. It’s actually a category and since this is a Firestone related topic its a discussion where everyone can join in if they want, Now since it seems you are shifting the topic away. I’m going to ask you last time to be quiet or contribute to the conversation with a meaningful statement. Thank you and have a great day

Mk, all I am saying is this Sam, Bring it to DMS you can accomplish a lot through actually talking in Voice, and resolving this thing.

That’s not how this works dude

I never said it did, but if he wants the Judge to admit what he did was wrong, and have the justice testify he did wrong…

Here’s what I have to say about this topic.

First things first, welcome to Roblox. I am grateful to be your host in State of Firestone, and thank you for choosing this group for your stay. It is within my understanding that you joined the group to roleplay and to have fun.

To start off, the Judicial Branch was given certain powers that were flexible with the knowledge that they would not abuse such powers and can be overruled by the State of Firestone Congress. One of those powers included giving a maximum of 72 hours of a punishment, meaning that a player stays within the game for 72 hours. The timer would stop once they leave and continue when they rejoin. This sentence is meant for extreme cases, which is meant to be very rare. Essentially, this sentence qualifies as a ban from the community, unless you’re actually willing to stay 72 hours within the game.

During the start of the government within the State of Firestone, the Executive Branch, Judicial Branch, and the Legislative Branch were given certain powers to ensure checks and balances. The powers were very flexible as there was a certain amount of trust placed within each branch, as Firestone continually grew to be one of the powerful states on Roblox. Today, many individuals within each of the Branch come from the new modern community. Many of the veterans have moved on, whether being completely retired or moved to a different state, most notably State of Mayflower. There has definitely been a change in use of power and how the system works. The congress that operates today did not operate the same when I first served as the Lieutenant Governor. Needless to say, as time continues, things need to evolve to perform better.

The actions of the Judicial Branch have been questionable recently, regarding the 72 hour sentence incident. Justice DannyboyLaw and I had a good debate within the State of Firestone Discord, and it was concluded that the 72 hour sentence was definitely uncalled for and should have been reduced. I wanted to make it clear that at this moment in time within the State of Firestone, the citizens do not have much activity to do, but cause crime. There are no civilian jobs, yet it is easy to achieve an illegal gun from an illegal dealer. The only things people can really do is either fight criminals, or shoot up random people, including police officers. Should each charge of man-slaughtering an officer be 72 hours, the entire criminal roleplaying community would have been essentially banned from the State of Firestone.

A great example of a 72 hour sentence would be in a situation of Kolibob. When abusing his powers as Governor, we, the Co-Founders, took it upon ourselves to essentially banish him from the State as a whole. However, a better alternative, and a more realistic alternative, would have been to issue a 72 hour sentence to Kolibob, essentially temporarily banishing him from Firestone.

Since our society has clearly changed, I would highly recommend the Legislative Branch, our fellow Congressmembers, to change up the powers of each the branch, and ensure checks and balances.

My last reminder, please be respectful to each members on this thread, or else this will get locked.

That’s all folks.

7 Likes

Powerful statement.

Envelope make the good V1 times comeback please.

Suggestion:

We authorize the death penalty for major murders and mass murders.

It would be more interesting, realistic, and better than 72 hours.

Just, a few complications with how that would work I guess…

1 Like

im going to get 72 hours then

Nah, your charges aren’t severe enough.

DEATH PENALTY PATCHY?? DID YOU FORGET THAT ONE CAN RESPAWN IN ROBLOX?

1 Like

that nap I took was a1

gee i hope i dont get 72 hours lmao…

I LOVE JESUS

Might I say that this post is an unnecessary and quite frankly, drastic overreaction of the situation. The action of one Justice is not reflective upon the entire Firestone Courts & Department of Justice and any decisions made in absentia may be appealed via yosebleed and eventually the Supreme Court. We hope that these grievances can be addressed in the near future.

The death penalty could be like kicking/exiling people from the group lol.

2 Likes

After reviewing some stuff I agree there’s a little bit of fixing to do, and I agree with @FIoatmanjason

uh oh spaghettios

It was kinda neccesary and it wasn’t really overreacting. If you scroll down more you can see that there are other issued that were argued about that had to be addressed. Also saying “The action of one justice”, Sir it may be one action of justice that might have happened recently but when there are other issues like the 72 hours jail that was discussed earlier and danny states “other judges approved of the punishment” then it’s actually a huge justice problem. You have to realize your line of work is to serve justice and if justice isn’t rightfully served as it should be then the whole justice system is broken