Hostage situations

Okay so, currently if you per say do a hostage situation in v2 it is fedlaw for you to ask for money which is quite bananas as it stops a whole part of roleplay from happening. I believe there should be an in game mechanism that allows LEOs to be able to have have something like a bag in their cruiser full of hostage money and that they should have the option to give the taker the money should they wish but of course there should be a limit like 10 thousand or something and once you get the money you should have to wait like 30 minutes with the money in your inventory before you can store it or clean, there should be a whole different cleaner for this who would change spots every 5 minutes. I have tried to come up with as many ideas as possible to make this less overpowered and more fair so that people don’t spam hostage situations.

Having this feature would really encourage roleplay during hostage situations from the criminal and the LEO side. If you support this please say so in the comments section of this post.

Do you agree with this?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

too abusable

3 Likes

Elaborate, Eleanor.

2 Likes

Honestly imo, during hostage situations we should provide get away cars in the exchange of hostages. We should allow the taker to escape and uniformed LEOs can chase them down. This is just my opinion

2 Likes

this would greatly increase corruption with LEO’s being able to give civs money without it affecting their own balance.

it’d be hard to prove and it’d happen a lot

3 Likes

Actually, this could work with some more work…

• Cuxle gets to see a log on who is donating and who is receiving.
  • Possibly instead of real cash they get dirty money which can be taken to a dealer who only spawns every 30 mins. (like you said)
  • You can’t storage it in storage
  • Probably FBI or DHS can track the money because irl i think they trace the numbers??
  • Only tactical team get this power (CRT/SWAT/FBI)
  • This can only work every 2-3 hours.

but both founders are missing in action (cause they are adult) so this is just gonna be ignored.

5 Likes

i agree with ur parameters philip. i also think there should be like a 4,000 FSD limit just so if it is abused its not a crazy amount. it’ll also make it more rewarding than other crimes without it being too op

3 Likes

Yeah 4k sounds reasonable

1 Like

As another restriction maybe have a way to stop people from just doing constant hostage sits for easy money. Like some sort of cap on how many times it can be done for the lifetime of a server perhaps, I don’t really know if that would work or not.

3 Likes

I have almost everything in my cruiser! Only things I don’t have in there is a vehicle or building

1 Like

When I was crim env used to negotiate with me. I did hostage sits once in a while but he always made a deal with me. If I’m doing it in prom he would give me the money I requested in the exchange of hostages. However, the deal was that I had to escape all the way to arbor ATM to save the money. (Ofc they were all pursuing me) If I get caught before reaching arbor atm I would have to give the money back or he’ll ban me. Worked at great imo

6 Likes

already suggested this :pensive:

1 Like

@Developer @Co-Founder can we try to get this implemented in v3 even

1 Like