Highway Lights

Can we have like, some lights on the highway? Atleast in V3? It’s pretty unrealistic and if another driver drives without headlights, you pretty much cant see them at night. I don’t think headlights are enough.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how that’s unrealistic, the tunnels have street lamps in v3 so that’s solved… I believe that a lot of highways in the US have street lamps I guess so I may be confused but generally highways in real life don’t have street lamps

4 Likes

I don’t understand how the US could work if “Highways in real life don’t have street lamps” But in Australia we do at least, and it’d make sense to light up oh yea the road to help ease drivers.

2 Likes

In my country and after a short Google search (http://prntscr.com/pgdyw8) you can see that generally highways don’t have street lamps. I’m assuming this is because highways are LONG STRETCHES of road with no pedestrians or anything that isn’t lit already, headlights are good enough. It would be way too expensive to build street lamps on all highways.

2 Likes

Okay, I live in switzerland, might be spoiled by light lol.

1 Like

Long stretches of road which have the highest chances of high speed accidents due to reduced visibility leading to decreased reaction time. By lighting up the area it allows you to actually take in your surroundings m9.

2 Likes

We’re talking realism. In real life, most highways don’t have street lamps. Period.
If you’re gonna complain about the lack of road safety in Firestone then you could literally complain about every single road design.

2 Likes

HEY FRIENDS LOCAL US SOUTHERNER HERE

i’d like to put in that most “junctions” (roads that intersect/junction with interstates) have streetlamps on em, but for the most part bare highways do NOT have streetlamps

im a southerner so my word obviously is law right ha ha ha

2 Likes

Still amazes me how supposed ‘interstate highways’ have at-grade intersections with traffic lights… Kinda defeats the purpose of a highway doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Every high-way I’ve driven on from Maine to Florida has been provided with light, so Im guessing that is a western-US thing?

All New England highways and eastern US highways have lights… It’s not common to see them as much as on normal roads, but every period of miles, you’ll generally see them.

2 Likes

if the god damn southerner can provide input so can the new yorker

new york city is the greatest city in the world and should be used as a model society for all civilizations seeking to be advanced

As far as I can recall, our own city has all streetlamps on highways. The Belt Parkway, along our southern shore, has streetlights, as well as the section where it merges into the Grand Central Parkway, one of our majorly trafficked highways in Brooklyn.
dont quote me on this, i havent been on some of our highways since high school field trips
Ultimately, it seems to be all up to preference: budget and energy cost (which is nonexistent in Firestone, probably replaced by ‘developer laziness’) versus practicality and safety.

4 Likes

if this gets added then PLEASE DEVELOPERS STOP WITH THE 90 DEGREE INTERSECTIONS. I SWEAR TO GOD STOP IT NOW. IT’S A BIG MISTAKE. STOP IT. I WENT THROUGH V3 AND EVERY SINGLE INTERSECTION APART FROM THIS ONE, THIS ONE, THIS ONE, AND THIS ONE HAS a 90 DEGREE CURVE. HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO MAKE A RIGHT TURN OVER THAT HUH???

2 Likes

Rural areas do not have streetlights unless there’s an interchange. Firestone shouldn’t have an Interstate freeway in the first place, as it’s such a small area, and there wouldn’t be enough traffic to justify it. Unfortunately budgets do not exist in Firestone…

2 Likes

V3 likely to have highway lighting

2 Likes