Have some court cases in roblox

I had an idea that some court cases could be held in the Roblox game that the courts have which is used for mocks and stuff. This would be a really good idea, I’m not saying that ALL cases have to be in-game as ik how overwhelmed judges and lawyers can get. It would be fun to watch court cases happen in-game, this could be a feature when more judges are added or just a couple cases that come in wouldn’t be from discord and would be from the game.

TLDR; idea to have some court cases be in game.

@Skye_Jones

3 Likes

no support.

i believe the main reasoning that court cases aren’t happening in game are due to time zones. would also take a LONGGGGGG time

8 Likes

i said a couple cases it could be the cases which every one has a compatible timezone. It would take planning but it could be done

2 Likes

only if all parties agree on a date. Jefra sometimes forced people to do it in game and they had to sit there for hours

8 Likes

I think they are doing this with supreme court cases. Almost most expungements are done in game.

3 Likes

i enjoy court cases in game but only if its a major case. Remember Skyes expungement case those type of cases were actually fun and intense to watch. Other cases are boring, it depends on the case honestly.

3 Likes

I think it would be cool if come V3, they were in county. That would give Baliffs something but would only be worth the time of they were a large case

2 Likes

it would take a long time but maybe some would be a cool idea

2 Likes

we can have your court case ingame if you want

2 Likes

support.

1. The courts building was made in 2017 and I rarely see it used compared to previous iterations.
  2. Cases within the courts discords take months.
  3. It’d be much quicker to complete cases if they’re in game, although it is arguably more difficult to allocate upwards of two to three hours without disruption. However, this is more of a possibility due to quarantine.

there are a lot more cases that occur nowadays which makes in-game not feasible. personally i’d like to see court expenses which could possibly reduce the spam of case submissions? this could also probably open the doors to commerce businesses to help in terms of legal aid and funding rather. people really take advantage the amount of time and effort put forward into the legal system without any price to pay, instead they more or less end up with the satisfaction of ruining someone else.

edit : replied to the wrong person

4 Likes

All of my in-game court proceedings as an attorney took a good (2) to (4) hours, nevertheless I won’t mind doing the proceedings of a case in-game assuming both parties agree to that.

2 Likes

court cases can take place in the game, and ideally they would (i think everyone agrees on this)

however, the coordination required is very extensive. currently most court cases are a back and forth on discord, with some people taking a few hours to reply due to timezones and life commitments.

if we lived in a magical world where everyone was all in the exact same timezone and dayzone and people could all easily meet and conduct court in-game, sure. however we do not live in an ideal world.

2 Likes

its up to individual judges to decide where they want to do their cases

i dont do any of mine in-game because i already have way too many cases and way too much work to add the stress that in-game cases cause

the supreme court is interested in doing all of its cases in-game, however

3 Likes

Roblox censors too many words, it’d be a huge pain to make arguments in game.

5 Likes

I feel like courts cases in-game is easier to knock out due to the fact people can not “edit” or take a longer period of time over discord than in-game. Plus the public can be spectating the case if they would like… Over discord I feel like it takes 2 weeks to a month to complete on court case due to timezones. Yes, timezones is a big factor but can always find a solution…

If you guys can do mass-expungements in-game should & could be able to do civil and criminal case in-game.

2 Likes

Mass expungements are hugely different from criminal and civil cases. A typical court case would require 2 parties, 2 attorneys, and about 6 different witnesses to all agree on a set time and stay in game for 3+ hours. If there are criminal/civil cases that are very small and everyone is available, then I would. However, those cases are few and far between.

3 Likes

How many people will actually stay in game for 3+ hours to watch people type?

2 Likes

I sure as hell wouldn’t

I won’t even show up to the court case if its in game. I literally have to go AFK every few minutes sometimes, I can’t just be looking at the game for hours.

2 Likes

aren’t you a game mod?

2 Likes

yes-- I don’t literally have to go “afk every few minutes” but you cannot leave for a few minutes unless given a recess if cases are done in game

2 Likes