Has V3 died?

It has been months since our last update on v3 and I understand this is a big project with a small amount of people who also need to tend to their personal life and department activity requirements they need to fulfill. Yet, V3 has a long way to go and who knows how long it’ll be until V3 is released. Trust me, I am still interested in V3 a lot and I have hope on this. Yes V3 is worked on but it’s now very occasional compared to earlier this year due to the founders focusing on V2 after the founders said that they’ll stop with V2 updates. I have nothing against them since they are doing their best to bring more things to Firestone members who don’t have jobs. But maybe tone down V2 updates and focus more on V3 when there is time to develop since it’s best to get this exciting project out and playable. Since I explained my thoughts, I will hand it down to you and see what you think of this. Some of you may give a very straightforward answer such as “Yes” or “No”, but this is more for an open discussion then a simple yes or no question.

5 Likes

GetEnveloped Answer:

promise dates given by: everyone else but me
when i was assigned to v3: one year ago
v3 build progress: pretty much complete really
v3 hub system: absolute garbage, needs to be redone
v3’s code: as can be told from the pictures above, before scrap it was headed in v2’s current code direction. has been scrapped and is being re-done
v2’s code: absolute garbage, no way im remastering that
if i give promise date: im bombarded when date gets closer
if i dont give promise date: im free to polish up for however long i want
our goal for v3: the best modern mmorpg style game (take gta, world of warcraft, runescape and smush them together)
that’s all im gonna tell you, everyone’s concerns is valid

5 Likes

there is no set date for the release of v3 - env

5 Likes

v3 progress is behind initially promised schedule due to various supposed issues in the development phases. I wouldn’t say v3 has died but updates are not regular and the current stand of v3 is unknown. However, you can find pretty clear building progress in the FS Discord #general-announcements – when it comes to scripting, /shrug

4 Likes

V3 is super laggy for me compared to V2. I am perfectly good with V2. I’m scared that if V3 was released then lower priority departments and businesses would have to wait another two to three years to obtain anything within the county, just like with V2.

5 Likes

Really? Interesting. Its the exact opposite for me. V3 both loads faster, and is less laggy.

6 Likes

like i said before. scrap v3 and put v3 radio and other cool features in v2.

3 Likes

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!!! New vehicles (once they’re stable), new radio GUIs and functions. Fixed bugs and new agency/divisions such as ANG, and other stuff that was said to be in v3, but in v2

3 Likes

no new vehicles

3 Likes

The general public doesn’t see what is being developed in v3. There is months of work complete, that just hasn’t been published to the actual hub game. The only reason why you guys haven’t seen updates in months, is simply because the game hasn’t been published.

You guys don’t understand that the founders working on v2, is not taking anytime away from v3 development really whatsoever. Fed doesn’t develop on v3, unless it’s something personally he wants to do, or he places trees around the map. Path will occasionally build something in v3 if he wants to, but it’s not like he’s set and assigned to actually do much of anything. Envelope, obviously scripts the game. However, when you see updates coming to v2, it’s all usually done within 1 days of work. Envelope’s even said, 1 day working on v2, comes after 5-7 days of working on v3 in a row. You sometimes need a break, and cannot sit on a single game everyday, all-day for the entire week.

tl;dr, the founders aren’t really developing on v3, besides envelope scripting, and I’ve already explained why it doesn’t slow down the process on v3, as v2 is only worked on, following 5 days or so of v3 work on envelopes behalf.

“V3 has a long way to go.” I really wouldn’t say it has a long way to go. We’ve come a long way, and it’s much more of scripting to be done, to make the game playable, than anything else. There are a couple buildings, and probably a few interiors that need to be completed, but overall, nothing major that would impact game-play within v3 itself.

To all of those talking about release dates:

There is no release date set for v3, and when Fedora has said release dates, those are dates he wanted v3 to be released by, and or thought it could potentially be released by. However, there’s no release date set, as envelope has already publicly noted. Yes, fed may have mentioned one previously, but as of right now, there is not one. Also no release date is “promised.”

This is because fed never updates v3. All the months there hasn’t been updates, there have been a lot of development, and major changes made to v3, they’re just not published. Also, you really won’t find the v3 scripting in #general-announcements at the moment, as most of it’s contained in the developer chat.

IF ANYONE ACTUALLY WANTS TO SEE THE MOST UPDATED VERSION OF V3, I WOULDN’T MIND PERSONALLY GOING INTO V3 STUDIO, AND FLYING AROUND TO SHOW YALL WHAT’S ACTUALLY THERE.

9 Likes

well the scso cars rn suck so at least fix em

4 Likes

Do you think all departments and businesses will have stuff within the county by release?

4 Likes

yeah, although it’s rarely being mentioned, there’s still progress being made.

6 Likes

To be honest, since we are getting houses, we should have it where we can actually own them and have the player limit base off of the amount of houses. It’s probably planned but also have the ability to add furniture using our FSD and ability to use the furniture. Sort of like Bloxburg but more aimed for firestone, as it’ll draw more attention to players. Anyway yes I seem impatient about v3, but I’m just curious about what happened to it.

4 Likes

Do you know why Fed doesn’t want to publish the changes to v3 or is it the consensus of the developers?

5 Likes

NO, NO, NO, NO. Have you even been to v2? v2 looks like shit, is unoptimized, and lacks features. The v3 map is pretty good except that I somehow lag in v3 way more than v2 (???), v3 should DEFINITELY not be scrapped.

7 Likes

who even cares, everything is dead roblox itself is boring, i highly doubt people would actually want to do patrol logs in like 5 months.

6 Likes

I think the era of hard core roleplaying is dying. Why would you spend time training to work for a department that requires logs, like a real job, instead of just playing a pay to play game such as Liberty County or Ultimate Driving.

6 Likes

I agree, and we aren’t blaming that on Firestone, Fed or anyone

8 Likes

cranky, no…

V2 is just oddly shaped, the only large building is the prom apartments & capitop, the terrains glitchy, the terrain lags and theres a lot of problems with it…

Have you noticed that all V2 buildings are basically midgets? they’re all SO small

7 Likes