Game Moderation Needs Improvement

I’ve gotten to a point where I dread going in county with how bad V2 has gotten in the last month.

If you’ve somehow been living under a rock for the last month or so, there has been a massive exploit wave hitting FS.

Theres NEEDS to be new measures put in place. Theres needs to be more game moderators hired. We have a grand total of FIVE moderators for an 80k+ community. There needs to be more anti-exploit built into v2. There NEEDS to be pay to play. No matter how many people it cuts out of the community. Veteran members have offered to pay for MANY of the community’s game purchases.

The lack of communication from the founders has added on to it. I understand, completely, that you have other things to do. And I apprieciate the shutdown fixes. But more needs to be done with all of this.

I hate to say it, but if nothing is done about this, Firestone will die out and nobody will be here anymore. More NEEDs to be done.

15 Likes

you really think that devs aren’t trying to put anti-exploits.

2 Likes

Well there hasn’t been very good communication of it.

Maybe they are and are trying to keep it quiet so it’s harder to counter, but they should at least say something…

2 Likes

All fax, no printer…

3 Likes

There’s literally no point in fixing v2, I don’t know why there’s still attention going towards it.

We should just have preparation for v3 and constant updates. v2 has been like this for a long time, with things being done to help the game but it isn’t working due to these exploits.

Game mods have lives just like us they aren’t going to be on 24/7. It’s just how it is for now until we find a solution.

7 Likes

I understand they have lives, never stated they don’t I just believe if we have more mods we can cover more space in less time. 5 is not a lot.

2 Likes

I would like to state. I spend majority of my time uploading bans and joining in to remove these unnecessary people from the server. I start at 10 AM to 3-4 AM. Only time I get a break is if another game moderation comes or if the server shuts down.

The anti-exploit scripts are being fixed. We have smart people like OfficerDonutt who is trying to help env also fix the situation. I also hope it gets fixed soon.

8 Likes

I am not discrediting anyones work. But that further proves my point. You shouldn’t have to do it from 10 to 3-4. Thats insane. We need more people to help out with that stuff.

2 Likes

More moderators? Yes. However, don’t go after us saying we need to be replaced (not saying you specifically are, a few people are). We’re a team of six people who are severely overworked. We have log reports backed up from 8 days ago that the team is currently going through. We have loads to do. It would be highly appreciated if the community would just stop attacking our team, because we’re doing our best here.

7 Likes

Never stated this and disagree with that. Ya’ll work your asses off. Thats why we need more.

I am not attacking the team. I am stating we need more people added on.

2 Likes

yeah that’s why i said this lol…

3 Likes

yeah i know i was just further clarifying, sorry

3 Likes

I think we should do what eastbrook is doing. Players have to be in the group ranked citizen. They have a group of members that daily checks the pending requesting and look thru accounts to see if the account seems legitimate and not a alt. If they looks like a legitimate account they are given citizen rank and they are able to play the game. THIS WOULD HELP FIRESTONE ALOT

8 Likes

It was pretty annoying how about two days ago, around 11 PM EDT, an exploiter was able to stay in game for over two hours with no moderator response.

3 Likes

Plus, our game mods are excellent and nice people but they’re people too.

2 Likes

last update abt game mod apps, who knows if they’re getting read soon and if env & anybody else has already made a list of the passing people

but uh yea, more game mods especially having those who are commonly on late during the night

6 Likes

Game mods work their asses off. They have to work too much. I agree with the point that more mods are needed. If its backed up this bad, there clearly isnt enough. Id say for a community of this size and of this much need, 12-15 moderators might be a more appropiate number, closer to 15.

2 Likes

I do feel bad for our GMs, at this point it’s like an actual job with no pay. They’re legit working shifts that professional moderation teams work.

9 Likes

FACTS
This would get rid of soo many frpers, glitchers, alts, and exploiters
If v3 isn’t paid access I will actually riot in the streets

7 Likes

Pay to play would solve all this alt bullshit in the snap of a finger.

2 Likes