Founder’s Day

Don’t waste years of your life on things that will not benefit you in the slightest. I wish I realized this before I dumped years of work into this game

4 Likes

it made me work at sonic :heart:

3 Likes

met some good people

1 Like

i was only ever seriously involved w the community during Firestone’s prehistoric era (& in Norfolk). i was 14 when I served as the first Governor, now I’m 20, only hop onto the discord every few months to see what’s happening but every time i’m seriously stunned by how far everyone’s come. Skye comes to mind, she was my SoS and she’s still around. GetEnveloped is another name, shame about him lol. didn’t learn a lot but it gave me something to do in the evenings after school and that’s good enough for me :+1:

5 Likes

Taught me to hate politics and never step foot into it irl

2 Likes

aren’t you the rw mayor

bigwazow

1 Like

being a mayor vs. being a representative is different because as a Mayor, I’m the sole chief executive in a certain area. while I’m a representative, I associate myself with special kinds of people. state politics is hectic. it’s all drama drama drama and it’s pretty toxic. as a mayor, it’s WAY more calming and more fun in my opinion. you can actually make a change there and follow your agenda rather than just sitting in a chamber doing nothing but arguing about controversial topics

4 Likes

ive been humbled

1 Like

LMAOOOOO

Jokes aside the same probably goes for a lot of people. I didn’t know how bad pedophilia was until I spent a lot of time here.

8 Likes

Very true statement, and unfortunately none of us realize what we’re doing wrong until it’s already done.

4 Likes

Aside from virtually everything everyone else listed, the one thing I took away from this is that it’s incredibly unhealthy to get attached to communities and ROBLOX in general, and my social life was atomically annihilated from my mere existence here. My entire personality has changed, my understanding of society is so much deeper and more complex, and I’m far more weary of people I meet on the internet. The people I’ve met here have either been a mix of some of the nicest and greatest people I know to this day, to some of the most vile creatures that have ever set foot on this very planet. Hypocrites, sadists, pedophiles, and overall some of the most repulsive abominations on this platform. I’ve bore witness to some truly evil and revolting acts here. While I did have some great times here, and met some of my best friends here, the day I decided to depart was a bright and sunny one.

If this very reply somehow does not get removed, I’d like to remind those who are still in Firestone:

Understand that there’s a life outside of this group. Fight the addiction that many suffer from and don’t get sucked in any further. I wish you all the best and hope you learn that there are more communities to join and more importantly, more games out there to play.

6 Likes

be me. do both. <3

4 Likes

I met great people in the fire department here and honestly learned a lot from the founders of the department itself. More importantly, I learned that your helmet color doesn’t define who you are. I think some people need to realize your rank has no real value outside of this platform.

Some people also need to know when it’s their time to go, stop holding positions and riding the rank chain like an expired jug of milk for fuck sake. If you can’t own up to your responsibilities quit hogging the position. Give a new face a chance instead.

7 Likes

if youre smart enough and hide it, age can make no difference

wonder what else this can be applied to in life!

2 Likes

yeah no cap bro… like i didnt know what pedophilia was until I joined Firestone. Even still when people said Pedophilia i thought it was a nickname for me cause pedophilia it took me a while to actually find out that there are laws about consent and stuff. My parents never taught me it nor did my school.

4 Likes

“Yeah! My name name is pedophilia!” -Criminal 2022

1 Like

@CanineEnforcement ngl I wish I was LEO during like your term as Governor or before. I never got to experience the rp side of being an LEO. Now, since FS is 6 years old the rp era left. The newer people like to shoot, rob bank and evade. Since everyone seems to have SRTs or demons or the newer MC. I call it a day after catching 1 suspect and leave. Because that alone takes an hour.

But who knows, it could just be me. I definitely did age like fs did. Maybe my new mentality isn’t suitable for FS.

4 Likes

You’ve matured significantly over time, it’s very noticeable to the rest of us. You aren’t the same Philip we knew ages ago, and mental growth is a positive change. I’m truly sorry you never got to experience the early days of law enforcement, it was somewhat special but we OG’s tend to over-glorify it. It had its fair share of issues and wasn’t as fun as it seems. You got to experience a plethora of things the rest of us never got to, and props to you for that. Lest we forget, you were the literal head of the criminal underworld for the majority of Firestone’s existence.

And on top of that, my hopes are still high that Firestone won’t be the last community in this genre. I still think there’s much more to come in the near future.

7 Likes

That people will be genuinely (outside the scope of roleplay) spiteful, malicious, deceitful, and harmful over power in a virtual game; that people would seek to enact actual harm over actions in an rp game. Power, authority, and reward inherently corrupts, even virtual or limited power, authority, and reward.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.