Formal Legal Request to: Ftlicious

Now that you’ve brought it on the forums, yes he denied to give you that information. Personally, I’m not a legal expert so I don’t know if he’s obligated to do so.

In my own opinion, the law seems a little controversial.

SECTION X.
All citizens have the freedom of information. Should a citizen request for information that is
actively collected to be released, the relevant department, agency, entity, etc. shall be obligated
to release the requested information, if possible.

“Actively collected to be released”

“If possible” as in if they have the means to do so, in this case he does. So that part is irrelevant. But the “to be released” part is what confuses me.

1 Like

It makes more sense when you read it like this:

SECTION X.
All citizens have the freedom of information. Should a citizen request for information (that is
actively collected)
to be released, the relevant department, agency, entity, etc. shall be obligated
to release the requested information, if possible.

2 Likes

I see now.

2 Likes

That will be a nice court case.

1 Like

if you didnt make the letter sound so stupid id support ur cause

2 Likes

thank you for the reminder - this loophole needs closed. The privacy of whistlerblowers is important, quite disgusted by your letter here.

3 Likes

I still love you.

1 Like

you told me you didn’t like me the other day and im still crying

:frowning:

1 Like

No offense, saying it makes more sense when you read it in a way it’s not written doesn’t show anything. IF it was meant to be interpreted that way it’d be written that way. Adding your own parenthesis and wording means nothing as it’s not how it’s written into law. It’s possible to change how things are written yes, but not by adding something in the comment section of a forum post.

1 Like

The way it’s written is the way it’s written.
I only deployed literary devices to help him understand what it meant, not what I wanted it to mean.

1 Like

No you actively removed words and restructured a sentence, language is vital to legislation as a single word can effect the entire legislation and what it does. None the less this does specify that the information is meant to be collected to be released I don’t see you winning a court case in which an anonymous report is what you’re seeking as it’s not actively collected to be released. But then again, the judges unfortunately don’t always rule based on what’s written in firestone law. I’ve seen them come to decisions based on U.S law and cite wiki among other things so i suppose you have a chance.

3 Likes

Just realized a grammatical error in the section as well that now will bother me, the last sentence starts with a lower case.

2 Likes

I appreciate your input, nonetheless.

2 Likes

You realize every court precedent on FOI quotes it as ‘information that is actively collected to be released’ and nor however you phrase it.

2 Likes

Again, the way I phrased it was to emphasize the way I interpreted the order of the words, which is a matter of context and should be taken to the Supreme Court. I did not intend to bend the BoR.

1 Like

As a judge, and seeing this will be an SC matter, let me give my legal opinion: you are wrong. The whole point of an anonymous complaint is that the submitter’s information isn’t actively collected for release. Having served on the Supreme Court and hear cases similar to this, I can tell you that you aren’t winning this, and are just going to make yourself look like ass. The BOR is clear in that the information must be actively collected in a releasable fashion: incident reports, court documents, disciplinary logs, etc. These are set, well defined, and properly collected materials that are releasable. But the name of an anonymous submitter is something inherently not meant for this purpose. You have no legal ground to stand on.

8 Likes

Your honour, your thoughts on the topic are appreciated, but I think it will please the crowd to know I’m not going to sue for this.

In addition, you can close this thread now, seeing as how it’s past due and long answered.

2 Likes

Yes pls

1 Like

What a shit ending

2 Likes

hard to find out who recorded

6 Likes