Fix Senate

Senate is obviously flawed. I’ve yet to see senate actually make a positive change in Firestone in a while. I know haven’t been that active, but from what I’ve seen they’ve done jack shit. Sorry, is there any good new laws that I haven’t heard of that really change firestone? Nope. Again, no one wants to be Senate because they’d rather be FSP, SCSO, DHS, or other departments. Causing less educated people to be chosen or people like Bennam (no offense bennam love you) who’ve been senate like 5 times to be elected. And this repeat cycle brings nothing to Firestone. We don’t get any new ideas, and we get senators that do the bare minimum of attending sessions that rarely happen. I’ve seen this multiple times, and it’s got worse. Now we have senators that just deny any nomination they see. (Unless of course it’s a useless position or someone who if they were to get denied would cause chaos). As myself being declined for nomination simply because of rumors and lies about me saying I wasn’t “fit”. (THIS IS TO PROVE A POINT NOT DISSING PEOPLE) But it turns out, as I’ve watched FSP everything I said would happen pretty much did. If any of you remember water’s “plan” (probably fsp only) it was a plan to pretty much change the callsigns, add in more Lieutenants, Sergeants and I think other positions, change their responsibilities and other things I forgot. Well, that didn’t work. Less than a month after dragon took over, after constant complains he reverted the callsigns, and changed the Rank limits back to what I originally planned. I’d go into more detail about what other things I’ve predicted (cough robby), but this isn’t about me. This is about senators not giving people a chance. I mean, have they ever heard of an impeachment? Like Christ, give a man a chance, what’s the worst that can happen? At least you have a warden or a leader, instead of being in this position where you have to have a lower rank skip a bunch of ranks to lead a department that one has limited knowledge in. Senate really needs to change, they’ve done nothing but deny people. Again, I’d go into more detail, but I don’t feel like writing any longer, so I’ll end it here. If anyone would like to state their opinion or about how I’m “wrong” go ahead. Again, like to state, it’s not ALL of senate, just some.

1 Like

i love to rant

1 Like

Not possible to fix

2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

The Senate’s job is to scrutinize candidates not just blindly aye them. And you can’t say “or they pass people who will cause chaos” when not six sentences down you suggest if they’re shit just impeach them. I’m sorry to say, but the government isn’t some trial and error shit show. We shouldn’t have to take the long ass process to remove a crappy DH, judge, whatever if we can just avoid it. Sorry ya didn’t get what you want but life sucks. And what do you mean “no leader.” Aside from DPS, there is no role that a Secretary and only a Secretary/DH serves by law. A Deputy DH can handle all of their duties while the department awaits a new head so I don’t see what you’re on about here.

1 Like

In my opinion, if somebody is 2ic of a department, they’re capable for 1ic. It’s almost identical what their duties consist of- and it’d be illogical to nay them without valid reasoning.

1 Like

I agree. Here’s how it should work:

1ic resigns, the 2IC goes up for nomination, and if he fails,
applications released OR department/public chooses.

1 Like

Sometimes a DH doesn’t always pick a good DDH do they? Also if a DH pulls a kolibob and, despite getting impeached, has a friend as their DDH corruption just keeps on going

1 Like

Hell no lol. This is a republic for a reason, a damn good reason. The fact that the majority of our populace is barely freaking literate.

2 Likes

Oh well. You see it how you see it.

1 Like

can someone provide me a tl;dr

2 Likes

APPROVED, SIGNED WHATEVER U CALL IT I AGREE

2 Likes

iJake is mad the Senate disapproves of so many nominations. His solution is the classic “well we can just impeach them if they suck.”

1 Like

unbar me from congress and I will fix the senate

1 Like

I mean I was declined after senators were lobbyed over rumors on me saying I’d be a bad leader, I mean it’s not like I ran FSP under water’s command, ask anyone back then who did the most work. Anyway, I’m not saying they should approve anyone, but who the fuck is a good candidate other than faded? I mean unless you want another dragon situation where you have someone skip 5 ranks, I think approving him is fine. also im talking about DOC and FSP not DPS.

1 Like

im mad that senate is retarded and doesnt do shit and the same people are elected and also retards are

1 Like

1 Like

exhibit #1

1 Like

This is getting heated, chill out.

1 Like

I’d also like to supply this:

Passed 3-0-2. As a person who has come under the scrutiny of the Senate (due to Amer lobbying Congress against me because he was an angy boy, and I passed. If you’re a good enough candidate who can prove accusations are wrong you’re good. Both you and Faded had shitty speeches. Gotta use your words with the government. Granted, I’m a judge so I didn’t have to list out detailed plans for a department but eh.

1 Like