Firestone News Problem

Hey boys and girls, it’s Doktor again back with some posts.

So, really recently I thought, why are Firestone News Agencies so boring? Like, really, you have to admit not many of you like reading stuff FNN or FBC stuff, although, gotta say, they sometimes write interesting stuff and FNN has really nice streams, but other than that? You have to agree, that Firestone News Agencies are relatively boring and are not really popular. And then I realized that FNN and FBC are rarely read because they have to look for information by themself almost all the time. For your information, real life news agencies do not do that, majority of their news come from press releases from different agencies and departments and only like 30% comes from investigations by the news agency itself.

So, what do I suggest? Well… I suggest something radical but potentially pretty interesting. This would ramp up the importance of News Agencies and interest to them. And the idea is:

Remove #state-announcements and #business-announcements and instead add one #press-announcements channel, where press agencies would post their news.

This would significantly improve popularity and significancy of press agencies in Firestone and make them MUCH more interesting and enjoyable, as well it would make it much more realistic, since obviously all public relations happen through press. Now you might say “but how are departments and businesses going to spread important announcements?” Simple. In real life departments and organizations speak to people through press, and that’s what could be done here as well. All the announcements would just go through press, which would also make community relations in departments possible and more interesting as well.

For example, if SCSO would like to announce that some public event, they would have to message FNN or FBC and explain to them the event, and then FNN or FBC would write the article (or not, if they don’t like it) regarding it and post in #press-announcements, where people would be able to read it. Just like how it happens in real life usually. Departments and private businesses would still be free to post their stuff in their twitter, public Discord channels and etc, so this would not prevent any relevant information from being lost, such as new laws being signed, because such information would be posted by congress on their own, while press could or could not make an article regarding it.

What do you think?

• I like it
  • I don’t like it

0 voters

If you have any questions regarding my suggestion I can gladly answer any of them and explain some things more in detail of how this could work.

3 Likes

News agencies wouldn’t always be online for important information to be posted…

2 Likes

no support

1 Like

confusion

1 Like

i like, the biased news opportunity is too good.

2 Likes

I AM NOW STARTING SCRIBLELZ NEWS AGENCY.

WE SUPPORT RIGHT-WING VALUES AND TAKE NO BS FROM THE LEFT!

6 Likes

I will start a sex scandal

3 Likes

Urgent information can be posted in the official organization’s Discord or their twitter. Last time I checked there’s not much urgent information in the first place, and when there is it’s usually when people are on to write about it.

1 Like

borgs news agency

1 Like

Explain why then.

1 Like

BORG’S NEWS AGENCY IS A RIVAL NEWS COMPANY

EXTREMELY LIBERAL AND BIAS

4 Likes

SHUT UP SCRIB

2 Likes

Hi, it’s your local FNN Board Chairman. I FULLY support of this. I’ve been pushing the presidents to expand on journalism and I’ve been pushing myself, but still it hasn’t happened. FNN did merge with FBC and we are making a website with articles which could help with this. If you have questions lmk.

2 Likes

Hi, former FBC Director (now an FNN Board member) here.

I can confirm that, yes, the newsgathering process is very dependent on state announcements (meaning that we were, in most cases, just parroting state announcements), it was also the place we got most of our information from (with the forums being second); only on a few occasions did we actually have any journalism ourselves (e.g. with the whole ash or cgf/quest/mafia/whatever drama).

2 Likes

Though, I would keep business announcements just for announcing shifts, not ads, because like the press won’t cover when a store is open.

2 Likes

Well, that, again, could be announced in the official business Discord for the people that are interested in it.

1 Like

supportttttt

1 Like

BIG SUPPORT!

FNN has survived… unlike other news companies that have been started unfortunately as we’re the only one out there but tbh we aren’t receiving any interest in applying from the State of Firestone nor is it easy work to gain news and information to announce as we do it manually and it’s hard work for the four of us that is employed at FNN and have our own lives to deal with too.

I believe that this allows us, Firestone News Network, to interest others to apply or learn more about our company, or to be their ‘news source’. I can see how we might not be online all the time, but most announcements aren’t important tbh, in which it can wait, but however it is, they can announce it in their discord. However, so be, we will accept people in other timezones, that can publish announcements, while others aren’t online at FNN. - FNN President, NotFoundDev

2 Likes

covfefe of the dishonest press

1 Like

fake news

3 Likes