Firestone Emergency Alert System

Basically a EAS for Firestone.

5 Likes

I could get behind this. How would it work?

4 Likes

So Basically, the Firestone Emergency Alert System would be activated by a script which would play a EAS Alert every 30 Mins of real life time, this script would have to be activated by having a button within the Capital Building (Or Governors Manor)/DHS HQ (If it has a Interior)/FSP Station/SCSO Station if there is a active situation (Ie. State of Emergency, ect, ect), only the Lt. Governor & Governor/Chief + (DHS)/Capitan + (FSP)/Capitan + (SCSO) can activate the system. The System can be activated once and will shut down once the Server it was activated on shuts down.

the FEAS will have recorded Messages, which I will record myself to save the Dev’s time on figuring out how to make a EAS Alert, these Messages will be put onto a script.

Once the button is pressed by the ranks mentioned above, a UI will show up asking which EAS Alert they would like the play (ie. State of Emergency, ect, ect) all except for weather alerts, since Firestone does not have Weather.

5 Likes

noob

2 Likes

Oh come on, its a great Idea

2 Likes

what is the purpose of such a thing and how would it work

2 Likes

The purpose of such a script would be to inform citizens of vital & Emergency Information, If I remember correctly, Rockport had such a system tho it would be a mod playing a EAS message using the :play command and only happened during Bill’s Governor Term.

As like the EAS in real life, the FEAS would play only when needed (ie. 30 mins of real life time), The system can only be activated once within the server, and since the script is on a auto run every 30 mins, lag would not be a factor… wait why am I talking about lag… The Script would auto run the selected message every 30 mins, unless shut off by the activator via the GUI.

Its not necessary to have in such a game like Stapleton, but I feel like it will up realism since the EAS is used in everyday life, from warning people of Tornadoes, to Warning people about Nuclear attacks.

2 Likes

This could be useful, I like and support the idea.

Signed,

Wolfcreator2
Warden

4 Likes

good idea, i see potential but probably not getting implemented for a while

Support.

2 Likes

what about ng activating it?

3 Likes

I like it, DOC could use it for a prison break

3 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

I see it’s use during a State of Emergency, where the Gov/Lt. Gov would press the button, playing the EAS with specific information.

SUPPORT.

2 Likes

Nice Idea, Support

2 Likes

Support.

1 Like

I fuck with this idea sm

2 Likes

support

2 Likes

support

3 Likes