Firestone Emergency Alert System Suggestion 2 (The Fixing of the last Suggestion)

THIS IS JUST A FIX OF THE ORIGINAL SUGGESTION TO WHICH YOU CAN FIND HERE: Firestone Emergency Alert System

BASICS BEHIND THE FEAS

So Basically, the Firestone Emergency Alert System would be activated by a script which would play a EAS Alert every 30 Mins of real life time, this script would have to be activated by having a button within the Capital Building (Or Governors Manor)/DHS HQ (If it has a Interior)/FSP Station/SCSO Station if there is a active situation (Ie. State of Emergency, ect, ect), only the Lt. Governor & Governor/Chief + (DHS)/Capitan + (FSP)/Capitan + (SCSO) can activate the system. The System can be activated once and will shut down once the Server it was activated on shuts down.

the FEAS will have recorded Messages, which I will record myself to save the Dev’s time on figuring out how to make a EAS Alert, these Messages will be put onto a script.

Once the button is pressed by the ranks mentioned above, a UI will show up asking which EAS Alert they would like the play (ie. State of Emergency, ect, ect) all except for weather alerts, since Firestone does not have Weather.

USAGE IN REAL LIFE
There are some videos that show a EAS’s Usage in Real Life.
Example 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3cOtXiNi8 EAS Mock: The Society (EAS #1 Pt 1) Created by SeanCityNavy Gaming
Example 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1eneYQVOR8&pbjreload=10 EAS: The Hack Created by ImTotallyTechy

EAS is used to alert people in times of emergency, mostly used in Tornado Ally States and is tested in every state, every month. It will help with realism and will not create Lag at all.

8 Likes

Bump!

2 Likes

Great idea. Again, I support this like your last post.

1 Like

It could be cool to add road speakers on the utility lines like tornado sirens with these alerts. Then for residential areas, having a radio in the homes for this alert.

1 Like

Bump!

2 Likes

no we dont need this at all

3 Likes

gg haha

2 Likes

I’m a few years late however this is a good suggestion. I think this could be a useful tool to notify citizens to look for and be clear of inmates or any other “big” threats within the State

2 Likes

could prob put in a good use if we ever go to war?

1 Like

Damn, this is like a historic suggestion… but a good one. Could be a great idea. Not so sure on giving FSP and SCSO access to it though.

1 Like

cool suggestion, but “the button” should only be limited to (would only work with) the governor, the Major General, and their deputies.

dependent on the alert, it would be cool for there to be an emergency notification to appear. to notice this, in your inventory, it would say “EMERGENCY ALERT” and then when you click the phone item it would appear the phone GUI and explain the alert and who issued it

1 Like

Nah yeah, i’ll have to make an updated version soon

not sure if it’s required, it would kinda make people just sit at stations waiting so they are the one to press the button and we are fine without it