EXTREME LAG in V2 even though I meet the recommended specs by a longshot

The Problem:
I have a GTX 1060 and an i5 7400, yet I get frame rate tanks and 15 FPS, even on the lowest setting.

Expected Result:
Ambulance caused a lot of lag when it pulled into the DOC checkpoint.

Reproduction Steps:
1: Walk into an ambulance (optional)
There’s not really any steps. It lags even when I restarted, closed every program and even turned my graphics to the lowest setting.

Pictures/Videos:
(TOP LEFT SHOWS FPS)

(EDIT) It’s on and off. I had to rejoin thrice to get my FPS back to normal.

3 Likes

where exactly did u find these recommended specs?

4 Likes

Interesting.

What are your full PC specs though?
The ram, the disk, the amount of vram your graphics card has… And especially how old the pc is…
They all play a role in performance.

I have a FX8350 (overclocked to 4.5ghz)
with 24GB of ram
and a RX580 8GB
with a 240gb ssd boot drive + some other misc drives

My PC is comparable to yours I believe, yet I seem to do ok in most circumstances in V2. I haven’t experienced the issue with the ambulance.

I have encountered several issues throughout my PC’s lifetime, so I hope to be able to help you.

Open task manager (more details) and look around and see if you see anything unusual. For example, I encountered issues with Windows 10 and my ssd at one point in time where it would freeze and stuff and shoot up in usage. I cant remember how I fixed it, but its easy to find out how. I think it was firmware update.

You might find high usage for disk, cpu, ect. and you can see what programs or windows things are causing that. Superfetch seems to be a common one.

From what you have described, with the issue popping in and out, investigating into the issue with tools windows provides might be worth it. I don’t think its a problem with the game, but rather something to do with a background program or windows.

Because your processor has integrated graphics, and you are using your graphics card, I would suggest disabling the intel graphics in hardware manager if you are not using them.

My discord is Patchy319#2389 if this forum gets closed or something and things. Might be better communication overall. I can be found in the FS courts discord, DoC discord, ect.

3 Likes

even if you look at a detailed part of the map, it could result in a lot of lag, due to part count. Not sure if this is what you’re referring to.

3 Likes

I came here to literally say the same things patchy did. Other parts in the system play huge factors into any game. Not just the CPU and GPU. Seriously though, check your usages on all components in the PC and see what may or may not be causing them.

I have a R5 2600 and 1660Ti, comparable, but not the same as your parts and I am able to run V2 full graphics 60 FPS.

3 Likes