Expanding the Game-Moderation Team

As Firestone is approaching their Version Three in the upcoming months, I believe we should expand the moderation team. Currently, we do have great moderators, but one thing is that they can be quite inactive sometimes. This can be an issue for everyone because if there is no game mods in-game, Firestone is more vulnerable to exploiters, etc. We all are a community and need to make sure everyone is satisfied and their roleplay isn’t ruined because of someone who decided to mess everything up. Down below, I will be listing some suggestions for our current version and Version 3:

Suggestions:
-Expand the moderation team; hire more game-mods.
-Have game-mods from multiple timezone, ensures game is doing well at all the time.
-Hire variety of game mods; criminals, LEO’s, civilians, etc. This will provide more opinions and more fair bans.
-Remove Paid Access, allows more players in the game. With a bigger moderation team, problems such as exploiting shouldn’t be a big problem.

What is my point? You should’ve got it by now, but if you haven’t, expand the moderation team.

4 Likes

I honestly, agree with this 100%

2 Likes

As a former game mod, this already happens. It would be could to expand it further in numbers and timezones

2 Likes

Just gonna address all your points.

Former Game mod btw

More does not necessarily equal merrier. The number of game moderators right now is sufficient. They have numerous reserves so if they need any more active mods, they have some.

They do have people to cover different timezones.

They do. Not all the game mods are from just one of the categories you mentioned.

Paid access is to reduce the amount of exploiters. Adding paid access has been, evidently, a success. Though exploiters still buy access, there are fewer as exploiters tend not to want to make an account then put robux on it to buy the game.

6 Likes

If we remove paid access, it allows officers to enhance their roleplay. Having more game mods, would ensure that the exploiters get banned. When I am in-game, I still see a lot of exploiters. Yes, the game mods we have are good, but I feel like we should expand the team.

1 Like

Paid access was for exploiters. The rp at V2 is fine. Making people buy the game before playing hasn’t impacting roleplay in anyway. Removing paid access will not improve it either. The quality of RP is reliant on whether or not people buy the game. If anything, it would have improved it.

Sure, there will be times when a mod is not available but more often than not, there will be at least one to help.

1 Like

I agree. With paid access, a lot of people can’t really afford V2. When there wasn’t paid access, there was a lot more players which I enjoyed a lot.

1 Like

“Expanding the Game Moderation Team,” expanding the team will not make a difference can keep making comments & complaining but Envy(aka env) will find a simple solution to remove these people.
Bigger team = more chaos. We have a strict barrier in-place.
It is not about hiring more it’s about the people who are doing disturbing the games such as the exploiters. Fedora put paid access to slow down the people who are exploiting… You got to think about the countless hours we put in and at least 1-3 of us are online and the server is full and no one wants to leave. You got to think about more than “hiring” as your main statement.

6 Likes

Yes, I understand.

1 Like

former, fired, game mod here! :smiley:
paid access should stay, more mods should be hired. these other fools saying there shouldnt be more but
i myself have encountered situations multiple times where exploiters have been able to just ruin servers for like 30-40 mins straight just because its night time and no game mods are on… we need more!

1 Like

The amount we have currently was the same amount we had before paid access and it worked fine.

The issue is, like what Airplane said, the server being full. I do not want to sit there for 20 minutes straight pending for a server then join and bam, exploiter leaves. Sure, I could go to V2 and monitor, but then again, the exploiters wouldn’t exploit since there’s a moderator in game. Once I leave after spending 5+ hours in V2, bam, exploiter galore.

Point being, more mods isn’t the solution. Mods have lives, and this community fails to understand that for some odd reason.

5 Likes

If I’m going to best honest rn, Firestone moderation is basically like Facebook moderation, its not a online game job anymore its basically a real moderation job where you have to be active 24/7

1 Like

I agree we need more mods in departments such as DPW or FSP because secondary depts. such as DPW or DOT hosts mass shifts regularly and usually they’re on the lowest server and when they start, exploiters come multiple times with alts. This has happened to a mass shift with DPW where we had to cancel the whole shift so I say hire maybe a few active mods in departments.

1 Like

More mods won’t solve it!
But don’t expect our current small mod team to be always available that’s just stupid!
We just need to accept that sometimes exploiters will run a train on the server and there’s nothing anybody can do about it!
But hiring more people to decrease times when there’s no mods available would just be STUPID!

3 Likes

Facts

1 Like

It’s hard to get more people that are competent and trustworthy, especially in the toxic community we are (unfortunately) in.

Going back to what I said, we had the same number of Game Moderators before and it worked flawlessly.

1 Like

i dont understand the point of reserve mods
if they’re good enough to be reserves make them mods???
theres not enough now, and they were already accepted so… whats the point?

4 Likes

This already happens. Cuxle, for example is a criminal and is also a game mod. Most game mods are LEOs, there are a few civilian game mods, not many though.

2 Likes

Paid Access is only a temporary thing as far as I am concerned until Enveloped returns from LOA and can update the Anti-Exploit script.

1 Like

I do agree with this, though. I think that Cabinet and Sub Cabinet members should automatically be moderator reserves.

1 Like