Establishment of C.I.XXI

Establishment of C.I.XXI

BE IT ENACTED BY THE STATE OF FIRESTONE CONGRESS HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:

Section 1: Article I, Section XXI of the Firestone Constitution shall be established.

Section 2: Section XXI, Article I of the Firestone Constitution shall read: “The House of Representatives will elect an individual who shall be known as the Clerk of the House of Representatives. The appointment of a House clerk shall be optional. The Clerk of the House of Representatives shall have the task of reading proposals (bills, amendments, resolutions, expulsions, impeachments) in a session, keeping track of quorum (announcing if a quorum is present or not), have the presiding officer acknowledge every motion called by a member of the chamber, and announce to the presiding officer of a session that a simple-majority/supermajority vote of the present chamber has been reached for each proposal (bill, amendment, resolutions, expulsion, impeachment) being presented. The Speaker of the House may nominate (with an appropriate resolution) a citizen within the State of Firestone to serve as the Clerk of the House of Representatives. Nominees for the Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives must not currently have a position within the Firestone State Legislature (House of Representatives, Senate). Nominations for the Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives shall require a (½) simple-majority concurrence of the present House chamber. The Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives may be left vacant. The House of Representatives may vacate (with an appropriate resolution) the Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives with a (⅔) supermajority concurrence of the present House chamber. The Clerk of the House of Representatives will be required to take an oath of office that shall read: "I [NAME] do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of Firestone against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. The final line of the oath of office, “So help me God.”, shall be considered fully optional and does not have to be administered. The use of the Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives in a House session shall be considered optional and will not be mandated. The President of the Senate, shall be permitted to appoint a Secretary of the Senate. The appointment of a Senate Secretary shall be optional. The Secretary of the Senate shall have the task of reading proposals (bills, amendments, resolutions, expulsions, impeachments) in a session, keeping track of quorum (announcing if a quorum is present or not), announce to the presiding officer of a session that a simple-majority/supermajority vote of the present chamber has been reached for each proposal (bill, amendment, resolutions, expulsion, impeachment) being presented, and any other tasks the President of the Senate assigns (Such as Trello Work). Any and all functions that the Secretary of the Senate may carry out shall be at the full discretion of the President of The Senate. The President of the Senate may appoint a citizen within the State of Firestone to serve as the Secretary of the Senate. Nominees for the Office of the Secretary of the Senate must not currently have a position within the Firestone State Legislature (House of Representatives, Senate). A Secretary of the Senate may be removed by the appropriate resolution, and once removed shall not be permitted to serve as Secretary of the Senate again until one month after the removal.
Section 3: This amendment shall go into effect immediately upon passing both chambers of Congress.

Section 4: All laws in conflict with this amendment are hereby declared null and void.

Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone,

Chief-Sponsor(s):

Speaker of the House. Virginian_State

Lieutenant Governor. PwnzorSausage

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like