Establish the Department of Parks and Recreation

its best we don’t establish it until we have a 100% true release date and start it like a couple weeks or a month before

3 Likes

I don’t think there really is much pressure since it’s not an urgent department to establish.

dpr will be one of the biggest departments? no…

If DRP is established right now I doubt they’ll have something to do, It’s not like trees, bushes and the parks themselves have interactions besides being sometimes solid as fuck or transparent

I gave you insight on how v3 is looking and is planned - honestly it isn’t too early to have DPR established, in fact, based on what you guys said it would be good timing.

In terms of area that they will be overseeing? Pretty much yeah, the state park is huge along with several city parks in v3.

By saying that It’s like saying DPW/DOT is the biggest department (in personnel, not counting trainees) because much of what they do happens around the cities and towns of V2

Thats why I excluded it, it really competes with DOCM and DOC with land area, but DPR is essentially a department with rangers that enforce law and do several other tasks that will be determined when DPR is established.

Technically DPR has statewide jurisdiction however they really should only be using that to get to certain parks around the state, which I’m sure would be a big guideline when the department is established.

Unfortunately I have my doubts about DPR being as big as other departments but with proper Department Administration they can reach everything within their limits

You’re allowed to have doubts, but I am wondering if you have v3 access.

The amount of planning for each and every department and the space allocated is why we, as a dev team, are working hard to ensure every department that is established and prospective departments that are dev supported such as Parks and Recreation succeed - we’re almost a completely different team than when v2 was in development and we are certainly a much bigger community than before.

1 Like

I strongly think we should establish the FDoPR because it will open many more opportunities for jobs and we will have people to curate our beautiful parks, I also think we should because we have 4 months till V3’s anticipated launch date, I really believe parks and recreation will thrive in the city and we need it now.

Establishing DPR isn’t up to congress - it’ll be established regardless, however, what the post is asking is if you wish for congress to have it established as a department now, so secretaries and a few members can be picked and work with the developers and government to lay the foundation for the department for its eventual grand opening in v3.

I rather wait for V3 to be free or pay 25R$, but I’m expecting a bunch of good stuff

we never had a functional airport doe
we had a shitty barebones “airport” with nothing to do in the game with our 5 seater planes, all you could do was fly in a circle above the roblox void then land again

I’ll show you images later then, remind me.

I think if this was to be established then it should be a Primary department yes even though there may not be that many people wanting to join this as Primary think about this, This is a form of LEO department that is primarily focused to patrol in parks and make sure nothing illegal is going on in the park. Second idea is that make it a division within SCSO because IRL It’s a divison within my LEO department.

Yes and no. I know here in Utah we have an actual state department called, “Department of Natural Resources (DNR)”. They control the state parks and hunting.

i’m ready with a bill and believe we need it now, i just want to know what citizens think.

1 Like

i mean, yes i believe it should be established now. guidelines need to be created, handbooks, discord server, getting a director, staff, everything. if we open it 1 month before v3 is opened then wouldnt it be all rushed and unorganised?

I’d expect nothing different than congress to establish departments with no purpose instead of tackling major issues in the state.