Establish the Department of Parks and Recreation

Please consider the pros and cons below and vote:

Pros:

• Allows for administration to start working on policies
  • Allows for employees to be ready prior to V3 being released

Cons:

• Can not function until V3. Like Department of Aviation.
  • Takes valuable people who could be working in V2 jobs.
  • Establish the Department of Parks and Recreation now!
  • Wait until V3 and released to the public to Establish the Department of Parks and Recreation.

0 voters

1 Like

Uhm don’t really see how that would be especially with the Department being planned to be a Secondary Department

2 Likes

Instead of being full committed to another department that operates in V2 they split their focus on a department that doesn’t operate until V3.

1 Like

That’s their choice in the end, legit that is what a job is, you choose an area that you wish to work in

1 Like

Ru you stupid why be so impatient. Most of the development is coming V3 so why establish it now,

1 Like

i agree with shark

1 Like

Where’s the “We don’t need parks and recreation” option?

2 Likes

The problem with such departments is the Developement support.
For such departments to work they need access to add stuff into the game.
But devs (and Fed) are very sluggish adding stuff into the game when it is not
important, and I don’t think that planting a new tree or something is going to be of a big importance.

2 Likes

I think we should establish it now as it would give the time to establish a command and policies. To give an example, this is basically the same as DOCM or the DOA. They are waiting until v3. If we waited until V3 full release, it could cause some issues in the forests such as more crimes etc.

2 Likes

it’s happening if you like it or not. if you haven’t seen the development, it will be another great option for people to join. There has always been options on either Being a Leo, Being ems/fire or public services. This could be a good, small change that might bring more people to Firestone. *don’t quote me on that though

1 Like

so useless to establish it now

all it creates is another dobw or fdoa, just waiting as a useless being until they get stuff to do. its like giving someone a position for the sake of having the position. our job as congress is to BETTER the state. putting up a useless position and department in the time being makes absolutely no betterment to the state. why create something only for the sake of being created, like holy hell wait till v3.

its like buying lunch at breakfast. way too early to have lunch at breakfast. i literally see no harm in literally waiting a few months and see no benefit in setting it up rn.

now if v3 had a confirmed release date, say for example may, it’d make sense to put it up in april. but we have no actual confirmed date, so we could literally be setting up a department that could finish setting up but be useless and an eyesore for literal MONTHS. id rather see a department have a purpose and doing stuff before they’re implemented.

4 Likes

Last I checked your position as congress was to help grow and ensure the state’s success, not hinder it. Establishing DPR, which will be one of the biggest departments in v3 early, should not be an issue.

It would be helpful for them to establish DPR now when the bills are established and have someone slowly but surely getting guidelines for the Department done NOW rather than three months after v3 is released.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not what DPR is - in v3 as it is now Department of Parks and Recreation has the most area to cover as a secondary department (excluding DOT). DPR is confirmed to happen, this is just asking if the citizens would like DPR established now so when v3 suddenly launches into Alpha DPR will be ready or should we wait till last minute and all of a sudden have DPR be delayed from v3’s initial release.

1 Like

It isn’t an option because it’s already in v3. Only department that actually has interiors fully in game iirc

1 Like

Just to tack on to what Emote said, FDOA has existed for years toward the beginning of the state. It was created to “be ready for the airport.” DOBW was created before v2 release to “be ready for boating.” Look at both of these departments now. It took them just a few days to write the policies that you folks keep mentioning. The way yall make it sound it takes 6 months to write some guidelines. Another problem with DOBW is they didn’t know what tech they would have that they could enforce. It’s the same for DPR. We have no idea what tech they will have or what their job will entirely entail and from experience, I wouldn’t count on having everything that is promised.

You guys also act like this is a necessary department for the state to function. Sorry but it’s not. Sheriff’s department can do their job until you know for sure what their job will entail. In my personal opinion even if everything is promised I doubt this department will be very enjoyable. I am certain that there will still be a popular place in v3 for everyone to go like redwood is now and the rest be dead except to travel to that popular place from where you spawned. Will the park be that popular place? Perhaps but we can’t be so sure. We simply don’t have enough people who play the game for everyone to be everywhere.

Main point is, it doesn’t take 6 months to make some guidelines and to say otherwise just sounds like laziness or lack of writing skills. Why not wait to see what this department will have access to and not jump the gun for a department that’s not even necessary as we have seen with DOBW and FDOA.

Also please marc explain to me how not establishing DPR hinders the states success, that’s kind of interesting

3 Likes

Initially, I was against the idea of creating this department in the belief that it was going to be just like the Department of Boating and Waterway. However, after talking with the prospective Secretary @Richie_Bear, I’ve noted that they need time to prepare for what may be released. I now support this idea, however maybe not just now as it’s not indispensable for the State to function. I agree with this department, but not just right now.

1 Like

Sir, the FDOA had a airport until Envelope wanted to upgrade it but lost interest in the project. Causing us to lose the airport until v3. We regulate the RPL with our state of art testing facility.

1 Like

Thanks for proving my point?

1 Like

I doubt v3 will be released beginning next year, its probably gonna be released mid-late-maybe even 2021… many have already said that it will be a FDOA V2 just sitting there, except FDOA has a little to do, while parks and rec won’t have anything until V3

2 Likes

I think you have a point. But, if we do this now, then we can reduce the stress and have time to think without pressure.

1 Like