Episode Four

Congress is just an easy high paying job. Sit around and vote aye on every bill. No one will ever listen to their constituents. Two chambers of congress slows the entire process down. There’s always an open seat. We can’t do anything to this group because of the administration. I agree with everything canine has said. No one bans the toxic criminals.

11 Likes

full support. this is why I won’t waste my time too much in a roblox career here.

4 Likes

Was legit about to mention that, most run for that reason and that reason only.

4 Likes

I totally agree with canine and env that people in this state get fucked over by the courts, dps, etc. You do 1 little thing wrong and you get absolutely fucked. I don’t try to sound like a baby but personally, I got charged with a felony for dming the DAG a press release. This state pursues some of the stupidest shit to the most extreme level. What about all the people on blacklist list for dming the command once asking about their app status? Things go to the absolute extreme for legit nothing. It needs to get fixed

5 Likes

I’ve actually had to explain to the Department of Justice why prosecuting someone for one single charge of disorderly is problematic.

4 Likes

The creation of a new criminal justice system would hypothetically require a much more competent, attentive, and knowledgeable base of law enforcement officers. If we want a criminal justice that is much alike the United States, or at least less strict and career-ending, we would need officers that are willing to give time to learn how one function. Officers would also have to be lectured on statutory law, specifically criminal laws and what is needed for each to achieve probable cause for arrest, preventing false arrests. Of course, having each arrest reviewed by the Justice Department is the embodiment of unrealisticness, Stapleton County draws a consistent high number of arrests each day, so we obviously cannot establish this.

But, what is possible is having sergeants and other supervisors review arrests conducted by their subordinates through an arrest log. This can actually make the previously mentioned arrest review idea possible, but this requires officers that are willing to do paper work on a ROBLOX game and supervisors willing to competently review each and checking for any discrepancies, both in the ethical area and legal area. Arrests that are problematic would be directed to the Justice Department or an attorney for further review. This idea would take some time, but I do believe it would make a big step forth in our deplorable criminal justice system, giving those falsely arrested the chance to get restitution and the ability to pursue their occupational goals retained.

I’d also like to give the civil-side of Firestone much versatility, currently we’re under the belief that everything has to go to court, absolutely every BOR violation, contract violation, etc. However, I’ve put in effort trying to stop this misguided belief from continuing with amendments, a notable one is: An Amendment to Expose Civil Disputes to Other Remedies

I’ve also attempted to give officers more chances in their career with an amendment, specifically: An Amendment to Reassess Civil Suit Repercussions

Sadly, my arbitration legislation failed the Senate, preventing a decisive process for arbitration. Whilst it is still possible, many attorneys fail to take this method of handling civil disputes, thus further filling the courts. But, the ultimate goal here is to lower the amount of civil cases in the District Court and open up more opportunities to unfortunate officers, rather than ending their career. I implore all officers to give the suggestion of requesting arbitration or mediation to handle civil disputes to their attorney. We need make real steps in our criminal justice system and bestow officers more freedom, this has been an enduring issue within our state and it is very much the time that we reassess ourselves and the community in its entirety.

7 Likes

I 100% agree on what you said canine, I am sick and tired of some people’s “BS!” within certain discord and in-game. They absolutely show no damn tolerance toward certain people and it is truly disgusting and appalling.
Plus you citizens that kill DOT for money go do something else waste of your time.
uncultured swines

5 Likes

this is the stuff that makes me want to get rid off my LEO career and just have fun smh

3 Likes

And this is why the private sector is the underdog here. We have some pretty awesome roleplay opportunities without all of the toxicity of a major department. :slight_smile:

Also, just gonna slide this here. It’s an idea we’ve had to enable huge change in the community through our little jeep business. While it doesn’t remedy the root cause of issues when it comes to “innocent until proven guilty,” it can certainly be a quicker solution for individuals who are not very knowledgeable with the expungement process. We’re going to be developing the logistics for some time so it’s done right.

6 Likes

We already have a rehabilitation program prescribed through law, this is the “No Citizen Left Behind” program.

4 Likes

Do many citizens utilize this program? I know I haven’t heard of it. If you have a link to this, I’d love to see it. Depending on the circumstances, Quest could help felons enroll in that program.

4 Likes
3 Likes

That’s awesome! Thanks for letting us know about this new act. Are you aware of whether it’s been passed or if any citizens have been enrolled yet?

2 Likes

Only way to make congress better is by making it a secondary. Which sounds dumb in role play but it’s kinda true

4 Likes

There so many people who are cut throat and are super dedicated to this… game. It starts to become an oligarchy in which a select people just tell everyone what’s going to happen and how we are going to do it without allowing for other people to step in or suggest ideas. Before you say it, I am not referring to the developers. There are select people in this community that take this game too seriously.

4 Likes

unfourtunatley, i can’t defend my SCFD guys on team, so I go off team with a CFL and protect them from rammers.

im not saying it’s a bad thing env godded us but he took away our guns and the VA problem is still one of the reasons this hell is still going on.

4 Likes

another prime example of a mood some of us have,

10 Likes

you leaked classified information when you dmed me the document

2 Likes

fact.

2 Likes

It is against the law for employers to do this if applicants follow the regulations shown in the law. I would pursue legal action if you know you are blacklisted and followed this law when asking your application status.

The law: A Bill to Protect Applicants

2 Likes