EPIRBs on boats?

For those of you who don’t know what an EPIRB is, it is a Emeergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon. Boaters mostly use this when they are in distress.

I was just sitting on my boat doing my thing when I had the thought of what it would be like with EPIRBs. I thought a cool way do to this is to, when someone buys a boat they could have the option to put one on or not. This is so that if a criminal has a boat and doesn’t want to be located then they wouldn’t have an EPIRB. But if a regular law abiding citizen that usually wants help then they can choose the option to buy an EPIRB. W

Whenever a boater is in distress they can press like a certain keybind like " CRTL+ / " or something like that. That’s just something random so don’t throw shade -_-. But whenever a beacon is activated it would send a call to the 911 Calls list. Instead of having the players name show up as the caller it could show up as “EPIRB” to show that it was activated. When you click on the call it would bring up what sector of the lake they are in and give a boat description and number off occupants.

Now this is just an idea I had. But I tried to make an example of what the EPIRB call would look like so enjoy my amazing art skills.

24 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

seems pretty cool and useful for those responding to these types of calls. personally, i’m not sure if this is something that would be possible through roblox

4 Likes

It is. They did it in V3 with the distress signal.

5 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

Support, Amazing Idea. Might be abused though.

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

ah, okay. i’m not a developer by any means so wasn’t sure. i definitely support this!!!

3 Likes

Support! Love it!

3 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Support!

Support! Great idea!

2 Likes

Honestly, it should just be installed on all boats and if you don’t want to use it then just don’t press the keybind.

Amazing idea though!

5 Likes

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support

1 Like

support

1 Like