ElliottLMz for Redwood City Council

Introduction

Salutations. I am ElliottLMz and I am announcing my campaign for Redwood City Council.

Qualifications

I will admit that I may not be as qualified in politics as other candidates, however, everyone starts somewhere. I am dedicated to Firestone, being in the community on-off since 2016 but never really getting involved. A few years ago, I was formerly a FDoC correctional officer.

Very recently I have became very involved in the Firestone community, taking up any opportunity I can to help further the community.

Motivations

Redwood is, arguably, Firestone’s second capital, having everything bar politics. However, its local government is widely unknown by its large number of residents and visitors.

I want to help the Redwood government to provide greater security and safety of residents, to work with law enforcement to assist in ridding the city of gangs and crime.

My Goals

As an alderman, I will help promote the presence of the Redwood city government and be open and accessible to the citizens of Redwood. If a citizen has a concern or complaint, my door will be open and I will do everything I can to, within reason, help Redwood and its residents.

As I stated above, I would pass laws to help the police protect Redwood from crime, and would pass laws to and campaign for the local government to better engage and work with the local community; politics is not a team game, but rather a system focused on consensus.

Why should you vote for me?

I am a man of the people. Regardless of my personal opinions, I will respect what what the majority of residents want for their city and will fight to ensure that the local government serves you, the electorate; not a loud minority.

As I have reiterated many times in my speech, I will always have my DMs open to Firestone and Redwood and I aim to respond to all DMs as quickly as I can, and help wherever I can.

A vote for me is a vote for a brighter and stronger future.

Questions

If you have any questions, you can reach out to me on Discord (Elliott#1337).

I also aim to reply to any questions on this speech (if possible; the forum rules seem to imply that I can’t reply to my speech?).

Thank you for taking your time to read my speech. I hope I can count on your support.

Return to top
2 Likes

Support.

2 Likes

What bills will you make to help Redwood?

2 Likes

Granted, local governments do not have a lot of power in Firestone, however, I will create bills for (and campaign for municipal or state bills where local cannot) better community engagement from the local government and police; I will also work to make sure there are laws better allowing the police to protect residents and visitors from harm.

And of course, these are just my personal ideas; I will, if elected, speak with residents and other aldermen and alderwomen to identify the issues in Redwood, and work to see them resolved.

1 Like

I wish you the best of Luck amazing Sir,

You have my Support.

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Support.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Elections are now open! Be sure to vote for ElliottLMz

3 Likes

https://forums.stateoffirestone.com/t/redwood-city-council-special-election-voting/15122/2

1 Like