DPS going too far, again

@FederalLaw

I get having like an in-game report system, like a GUI that you have to fill out after an arrest or citation that can be done from your car, but now DPS wants us to halt our patrol to go fill out an arrest report and do it at the end and miss details of the arrest? DPS is becoming more and more useless. Get ready for all the petitions…

2 Likes

Like said in my last argument (Will be provided below), LEO’s need a GUI that’s use able from the car for arrest and maybe citation reports. I get that it’s something DPS wants to do, but going to different game *for each arrest is just time consuming and completing irrelevant. When I was in SCSO, I’d make 10+ arrests during my patrols. With that, I would have to join and leave the same two games 10+ times during my patrol.

Nevertheless, Department of Public Safety serves the Law Enforcement Departments with legal representation and provides regulations that pertain to all LEO’s. However, it SHOULD be the job of the County District Attorney that pursues charges against frequent offenders.

Department Internal Affairs do not pursue charges in the real world, this is DPS expanding their operations to gain power and control, honestly.

District Attorney: a public official who acts as prosecutor for the state or the federal government in court in a particular district.

Last argument:

kthx.

2 Likes

Just write a petition for us please, we all wait

2 Likes

@Markehabashi DPS is overstepping their legal obligations. Maybe even boundaries.

3 Likes

I think we should remove DPS if it is starting to get to the point where they are expecting us to do stuff or it will be count as a punishment but when DPS can just go look at our arrest logs that we fill out in databases and send to our sergeant.

3 Likes

Indeed

2 Likes

Stop petitioning DPS for attempting to make SC safer, start telling the devs that you want that UI, before anything else.

We’re trying to make it safer, if you guys don’t want to join another game at the end of your shif because “it’s too hard” or “it’s a waste of time”, please, be my guest, and resign.

Currently, SCSO is the only retaliation against this, and I’m not understanding why.

4 Likes

Safer by making all the LEOs busy with paper work another place so we can’t patrol?

2 Likes

By removing criminals for longer. Like I said, go get the devs to make that before anything else.

2 Likes

The reason they don’t like DPS is that they are brats who want to have fun without any work. Guys, come on. I’ve seen the arrest reports, they take like three minutes lmao. And they actually protect you. If you get sued you can pull up exactly how things went down. So if you can’t handle this simple task don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

4 Likes

Point Proven

2 Likes

Every week a new directive that gets more and more unrelated to the actual purpose of the Department. Deputies and Troopers are getting continuously frustrated over new directives. Honestly, It’s complete crap to serve in a department where you have to turn over everything to another department. First complaints on other people. No more going to that department’s hicomm. Next, radio codes. Third, arrest reports? This has gone too far.

Best Wishes,
-Mr. Law.

2 Likes

http://prntscr.com/hv80cz http://prntscr.com/hv81j8 im confused… @Flashenal

2 Likes

The codes were actually suggested by POST, not DPS. If you’re going to accuse someone maybe you should actually be semi-accurate.

2 Likes

can confirm they were by POST

2 Likes

hey dont pin this on dps codes were our idea

get facts straight golly

3 Likes

Correction: They weren’t responsible for the radio codes.

2 Likes

What’s a Golly?
Not mad at codes. Although, S4 is injuries not special request.

2 Likes

Flash sounds more like a Dictator than someone trying to “Help” our departments.

2 Likes

Bro, he has explained quite nicely to you how this works.

2 Likes