DOT Bus's as well as new Spawn Idea

DOT Bus system needs to do one of two things. Either get active (I haven’t seen a bus in game since early august) or allow a business to take over the bus system. We should also spawn at a bus station rather then car dealership, it’d feel 10x more realisitc.

6 Likes

Well, from when I was in DoT it was Senior Public Employee+ that can operate the State Bus. But since then a new Secretary was elected, so I’m not sure if that has changed.

4 Likes

You do realize state tow comes first before every other service in dot

4 Likes

which is why we say to give businesses the bus and taxi

5 Likes

agreed

3 Likes

Also I have never seen you in firestone so why are you talking dot has ran bus this month so

3 Likes

PEs can operate buses.

However, buses/taxis are the second priority when it comes to in-game. Whenever I run the bus no one gives a shit and I drive around with MAYBE 1 person on board. Everyone is complaining about infrequency but what’s the point if no one will ride with us?

5 Likes

I’m in Stapleton daily…?

3 Likes

Nothing against the program, I’m just saying in general it’d be nice if we could do private

3 Likes

PARTY BUS!!!

4 Likes

My man, you not having seen any bus does not mean there have been no buses since august, I have been doing transit myself. I’m so sorry we cannot satisfy your need to have buses going 24/7. To come back on your suggestion, if you were to spawn at a bus station and no dot is on, what are you going to do then? Walk to CD?

3 Likes

“I haven’t seen a bus in game since early august” I’m saying I personally have not seen a bus. This isn’t an insult to DOT workers, it’s simply saying it’d be interesting to privatize it and allow people to do it as well as DOT

3 Likes

It got reopened to pe in like june/july from when i was in dot

3 Likes

taxi should be given to private businesses
drove taxi 3 times and got 2 calls only / was able to give 2 rides

i dont think anyone would drive the bus anyways except s8bm
i would prefer driving the taxi / sm / tow than the bus plus it doesnt spawn at dot so its a hassle to even get the bus then drive it in the county

3 Likes

buses do spawn at the bus depot in prom if you didn’t know

3 Likes

LET ME RUN BUSES

6 Likes

nobody even rides them. tow comes as priority. as a LEO there’s a evergrowing demand for tow. if there’s 3 on? guess what, we need 4 tows is uaully what it comes down to. so they go tow.

4 Likes

that’s why I say remove bus and taxi from DOT and give it to businesses. DOT is already overwhelmed with duties from towing, to signal outages, and ONTOP of that, transportation

3 Likes

even when DOT does run busses (which i have seen within the past 2 weeks), nobody rides them.

they are the department of TRANSPORTATION after all

3 Likes

the Department of Transportation IRL sets regulations for transportation, they don’t do it themselves

3 Likes