Doc bridge private or public

• DOC bridge kept public
  • DOC bridge made private (loitering)

0 voters

now this is a heavily debated topic and i will list the PROS and CONS of the bridge being private

PROS -

you can kick people off the bridge for doing nothing but being a nuisance and staring/laughing or both at you. if they don’t leave you can charge with loitering and send them INSIDE

allows DOC to do OTHER DUTIES like attending to prisoners for once, perhaps yard time or soup or lounge time?

CONS -

yard time soup lounge be boring sometimes

crimes might not go to doc anymore but they are crimes so

it’ll get more boring for doc

list YOUR opinion and anything else

3 Likes

This is cool and all, but might be unconstitutional sir.

8 Likes

yes, it might get boring but better than getting told to do our job or being insulted sometimes lol

2 Likes

As a correctional officer I disagree with you even as a House Of Representatives member it makes sense to keep our bridge to loitering because if they can just be there, and nothing for us to enforce then it can always lead to stuff like them making riots because officers will be dealing with them, but you also got to think untill you show your not a threat to us your always going to have our guard up. This is of course just my opinion.
Zacharymiller157
Correctional Officer
House of Representatives

3 Likes

I agree some people do come over the bridge just to mess with us and just call us Power Hungry pigs for doing our job.

3 Likes

Well the SC ruled it was a public road and legislation can’t overrule the SC unless it would be an amendment to the cons/BOR.

If they stop in the road, tell them to leave (and not obstruct traffic), or arrest them for FTC. The only loophole is they can legally stand on the rails.

5 Likes

Actually they Courts did rule in our favor to where if they are on the part that is technically DOC island we can take action but if your to where your not on the island your fine.

2 Likes

It needs to be private, we get 20 trespassers a day.

2 Likes

isn’t that the fun part tho

3 Likes

Not when they ram us at 80+ MPH and then start flinging DOC. Thats when you see “1C33: 10-10”

2 Likes

I remember when doc and fng used to dm me to come with my friends and do crimes

2 Likes

You’d need a Constitutional amendment to do this

5 Likes

That hasn’t stopped congress before, I don’t expect it will now lol.

2 Likes

Now this is simply not true. Certain court officials stated that currently the part of the bridge you mentioned could fall under the constitutional definition of government property, instead of private property. A legally binding ruling was never made by any of the courts in Firestone. Just because a judge says something, doesn’t mean it’s actually that way. Judges can interpret the law and make rulings based on that, they can’t bend the law to their will any point in time by just saying “oh this is how the law is”.

2 Likes

Well I was just stating how must Sergeants+ act on duty

2 Likes

what has to be amended?

2 Likes

a con of this would be making criminal lives boring. theres not much crime criminals can do, and infact most of them require a gun or money to buy stuff such as ATM cards. Yes, I get that they can come and annoy you but if they’re not trespassing, ignore them and go on with your day. Why even be a warden if you can’t learn to ignore someone mocking you if they’re not trespassing. And if they come 100mph at you, you can shoot them or set a BOLO on them.

2 Likes

Say what? Haha

3 Likes

there was a SC ruling deeming it public property

3 Likes

Redefine a road as the bounds as well.

2 Likes