Do we really need the F.S. Department of Defense?

:heart:

3 Likes

So you’re implying that the department has done zero organization-oriented updates and command changes within these past few months (excluding the appointment of Annoyingk1ds)?

1 Like

We haven’t hired anyone

Nor have we had any reason to do organization-oriented updates until recently which i havent gotten around to yet

1 Like

Okay, but like I said previously, make some updates in the future man, make the department look active instead of working in secrecy and claiming that everything being done is classified, not everything has to be classified right?

1 Like

Again, you take less than 2 minutes out of your day to vote on a new secretary, not a waste of time. As for the argument about it wasting resources, peoples interests in department is not a government “resource”, the government does not own peoples interests.

I even came out and said that I didn’t like how it was written, and there’s quite a bit I would change, however I received zero contact from any legislators, and they acted as if they were too busy to do their jobs and write legislation.

The “why do we have” and “applicability” argument could be applied to relatively every other department in the state.

Your uncertainties are not reassuring to myself and other members of the public.

Same argument could be applied to other departments. (“The Governor can easily make conclusive investigative decisions, so we don’t need the FBI or DPS”, “The Governor can easily make diplomatic solutions, so we don’t need the Department of State”, “The Governor can easily make medical and health decisions, so we don’t need the Department of Health”, “The Governor can easily make decisions on a commercial level, so we don’t need the Department of Commerce”)

The purpose of this was to serve as suggestive and corrective actions the Major General should take, and these were also written so the Governor could interpret these findings as he wishes, and use them to make well-thought out and factually backed decisions for the Firestone National Guard to heed.

So coordinate with the Secretary and re-evaluate this power, revise it if you deem necessary.

Instead of jumping to shutdown a department for your portfolio, why don’t you meet with the Secretary and come to some middle grounds. Discuss the existing legislation, form new plans, and actually work with the guy instead of going over him and charging into the forums to make some sort of argument.

3 Likes

Nobody claimed everything was classified, and I’m confident in saying that 60%+ of the departments work isn’t classified, and could be openly discussed if you wished.

While I was running the department. That may have changed under new leadership.
(had to add that quick bit in to save my skin lol.)

3 Likes

DoD has done two things up to this point in time

One of them was the War with Atoll in early 2020 which I can gladly discuss

The second one is classified due to its nature

2 Likes

So about 50% of the Departments work up til this point of time is classified

1 Like

abolish dhs too, we dont see their work1111

9 Likes

I’m simply bringing this department up to question because there has been a lack of general discussion involving this department, I see some things that should be brought up.

I’ve read a majority of your response, I see some coincidence. There are flaws with the department, we just have different mindsets when it comes to handling them. I believe this department should simply be relieved and those within the department would transition to a council enacted by the Governor. You believe that the legislation should be revised (judging from your response in my perspective, correct me if I’m wrong on that).

Nothing to get antsy about here.

1 Like

DOD affects FNG more than any other department within this state, I personally and I am pretty sure my General Staff can agree, we are more than fine with the DOD operating. I have nothing against this department and I believe DOD can strengthen FNG in a lot of ways.

5 Likes

Revision is necessary. I myself have said many times it’s flawed, but when I attempted to get help from legislators I rarely received a response.

1 Like

As you wish Mr. Butsregan

1 Like

It would be best to bring this thread to Congress’ attention so they are aware of these enduring flaws, I’d also try to maybe bring some newer responsibilities to the department seeing how broad and derivative the current duties are.

1 Like

2 Likes

I think Congress will give a ‘crap’ about it.

If not, I can probably just provide assistance myself.

1 Like

the department is classified and does not show what we are currently working on. there are many people who can vouch we are doing things, however they are classified and will remain classified.

1 Like

nobody:

dod:

8 Likes

FNG, the only department that actually gets effected by DOD supports it. Hobo, said DOD can strength FNG which is a good thing. So, if FNG is fine with it and believes DOD has potential let it continue to run.

2 Likes

I’m just saying you guys are talking about Department of Defense and you got other departments like Department of State which is pretty much also useless lol.

The state has literally national departments just to get people to roleplay and nothing more you either like it or not. It’s a job and more of a thing for the players to explore but sadly Firestone has missed that sense of roleplay action for awhile. It’s more opportunities for people to actually explore a different path since the criminal path is pretty much dead

7 Likes