Departmental limitations

Ok so, right now in Firestone you can only be in one primary, two secondary and however many voluntary departments you want but doesn’t that limit people to their career paths? I believe these limitations were put into place to prevent people from not being active but activity should be up to the individual and if they’re not active that’s their issue.

Do you believe there should be departmental limitations?

1 Like

nice poll!

2 Likes

oh my god I hate forums on mobile

2 Likes

No, department limitations are fine. Would be a bit stupid for someone to be in DHS, FSP, SCSO, SCFD, FBI and every other department under the sun.

2 Likes

I don’t care that much personally, but SCFD shouldn’t be a primary below lieutenant/pic. Seniors literally get a reduced quota and 0 extra duties but scfd becomes your primary lol, makes no sense

4 Likes

im talking about secondaries

1 Like

SCFD is a secondary if you don’t get promoted to senior, so still relevant. You should clarify you mean secondaries specifically in the og post, as it seems like you mean just in general.

1 Like

True.

1 Like

@KAREEM2610 poll for you:

Departmental Limitations
  • Yes, there should be departmental limitations.
  • Maybe, I am not affected by departmental limitations.
  • Maybe, I do not care for departmental limitations.
  • No, I don’t think there should be departmental limitations.

0 voters

1 Like

It’s Fedlaw

2 Likes

Honestly I like that there are limitations, but it could be adjusted a little bit

Ie:

3 secondary positions = no primary
2 primary positions = no secondaries

Something along those lines would be good

4 Likes

thats… the point.

IRL you dont have people as doctors, national guardsmen, a cop, a corrections officer, and a local politician (which you can already do here)

Imagine adding even more departments

4 Likes

Look, in the scheme of things Departmental limitations surprisingly aid departments.

Say you run SCSO, do you want 300 Deputies+ who are also in FSP, and DHS who all have to fulfil other patrol requirements, work under different jurisdictions, and work under multiple different policies. Or do you want 100 Deputies who can commit to work under your policies, make your targets, and represent your department well in its specific jurisdiction.

People who want to taste every department can do so, and are encouraged to do so by taking part in them for maybe a year, then move on and progress within Firestone. It’s not an impossible feat, many have managed it.

5 Likes

My POV is that the limitations serve no purpose. People should manage their time and quotas. If there were no limitations active people could join as many departments as they want (as long as they can fulfill the quotas) and it would benefit department activity. I just see no point in limitations, because nobody has time for too many departments.

1 Like

exactly

1 Like

4.5 years in firestone, and ive done the following

COO of a buisness
DOT
DOCM HICOMM
FNG
SCSO (SWAT)
DOC
SCFD
DOJ
County Executive
County Council (Including chairman)
Cabinet Member
Lawyer
City Administration
FBI Academy (dropped out but thats a story for another time)
FFA JTO
Owned a racing team

Edit: Owned a buisness

it is very much possible in a short ammount of time (im sure im missing things as well, thats just the major stuff I can remember)

1 Like

tell us!!

3 Likes

FBI Academy (dropped out but thats a story for another time)

tell us

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong SCFD is okay-ish stable, but making the entire department secondary would allow former members to come back as officers to improve the department.

4 Likes

What’s the point of being in SCSO/FSP/DHS/FBI at the same time?

I’m always down for SCFD to be secondary but Fed said no

2 Likes