Department of Defense

Me and @NotoriousAmerican have been saying that for a while, finally people now understand…

6 Likes

In all seriousness, and as the author of the previous thread questioning the reliability of this department, I am delighted to see its abolishment coming altogether. The whole “better be safe than sorry” argument is just an example of perversity, departments (especially this one considering it was established via law) hold a lot of importance to the executive branch and, with the DoD, the state as well. A lot of unchecked power and vagueness lied in this establishment law and I believe Congress took the appropriate action of doing away with this department and realizing the actual plausible outcomes of having a department with the aforementioned unchecked and vague power.

Good decision.

7 Likes

abolish the department!!!

2 Likes

i think u r late

3 Likes

nope, it is still up to @NinWin1

3 Likes

the bill requires the governor officially abolish the department within 5 days of the bill passing

3 Likes

dod was made to give a free cabinet position
but
GREAT LEADER FED KIM JONG 98UN WONT ALLOW GREAT STATE TO LOSE DOD
GOD SAVE DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF GREAT FIRESTONE, BLESSED BE GREAT MARSHAL!

11 Likes

quite frankly this only shows the incompetence of the legislature, as they cannot give DoD the tools necessary to do its job? At least thats what I have gathered from other responses?

3 Likes

what could congress have DoD do? what do they need?

when even members of DoD are in favour of the department’s abolition, something’s wrong

3 Likes

oh.

3 Likes

dod has had its share of time + administrations to get it together. not only have they not requested provisions to give it more power, they have failed to produce ANY measurable results. their creation was to act as “DPS” for DHS/NG, a job neither dhs or ng wanted to be outsourced to an oversight department. dod has had the power to investigate, yet they have never exercised it—because both dhs and ng manage their own internal conflicts, and quite effectively. the reason dod doesn’t do anything is because there is nothing for them to do. as it stands, dod has no purpose and any attempt to give them one would be met with hostility from ng and dhs at taking away their own smoothly run management. the only use it has at the moment is giving away free cabinet positions.

7 Likes

You’re not the only ones. I know a lot of people who’ve said the exact same, just haven’t been public about it (well, some of them).

3 Likes

that wouldnt work because the bill doesnt go into effect unless its signed

3 Likes

To this day I still don’t know the purpose of DoD, like I don’t actually know what the job of the department itself actually is and I’ve been here for a year and a half now…

3 Likes

dept of defense had potential but i don’t think it was used properly

4 Likes

fax they were like FBI the first 2 times it was established

and in all honestly, probably the way itll go this time as well

3 Likes

The department itself has been around for over a year now LOOL. It was established during the Canine administration 1+ year ago now. DOD is supposed to serve as a federal oversight department for DHS, FNG and I think FBI but they have so little power anyway and it looks to me like nothing is even being done by them

3 Likes

Lol, DoD has really taken away the useless department title from DOBW.

In all seriousness though, as a department head who had to deal with the “useless” department claim I can see potential for the Department of Defense. For example, the Department of Defense should focus more on:

• Transparency
  • Activity
  • Public Relations
  • Goal Setting

Prior to boats for DOBW, the initial purpose was to “investigate” watercraft incidents (like DPS for the waters). I knew this would never work as it is redundant is unnecessary. It destroys department relations, can only bring bad press, and puts the department in direct scrutiny.

Immediately after taking office, I created a plan to reshape and repurpose the department by finding ways the department could A) Engage with the Community B) Increase Activity.

The plan I created is found here. (I’m on mobile so I apologize)

So what can the Department of Defense specifically do? They need to focus more on helping classified departments instead of being a burden. Some ways to improve are:

• Coordinate and host public relations events with FBI, DHS, and FNG.

• Release a public plan on what the department intends to do in order to drastically improve their current state.

• Create a joint database for DOJ, DOS, DHS, FNG, and FBI to use in order to track domestic and international criminals.

• Create emergency preparedness plans for a plethora of events.

• Engage and coordinate safety drills that citizens and departments can participate in

• Work closely with the Department of State to evaluate and look into international criminals and the likelihood of threat to the state (add the obtained info to the joint database as listed above)

• IMPROVE TRANSPARENCY. You don’t have to specifically say something like (We have proof of corruption in Atoll, the plans they have created against us, and here are the plans we will use to attack them, etc.) BUT you should from time to time address the public on events that have recently taken place, and that thanks to the joint effort of the intelligence departments, and the Department of Defense, ya’ll were able to mitigate the potential harm.

To conclude, the Department of Defense can have a purpose if the administration takes drastic action to ensure the transparency and activity of the department. The problem right now is how the public perceives the department. If you had an administration put in place to implement the ideas above, I could see the potential for the department significantly increase.

Keeping it in its current state is disastrous; Re-evaluating and repurposing the department can bring significant gains.

5 Likes

hello

3 Likes

So, DPS for the elites…kinda useless when they handle their own shit already…

3 Likes