Department Head Testimony Hearings

Read Solution

Members of the cabinet (both state, county, and now city) should require renomination and confirmation every year. This will ensure accountability not just to the Governor but to the citizens of the State of Firestone. This also helps take the pressure off of Governors who may want to appoint a new member but fear the backlash of removing a department head single handily (pussy move but many Governors I’ve seen work like that).

~~We need to make sure that department leaders keep with their obligations and their duties and strive to always improve their department instead of just doing enough to just not get fired. In real life each Governor just puts in their own cabinet (depending on their political affiliation) but this shouldn’t be the case in Firestone due to a plethora of logistical and stability issues. This is the same reason why sheriff or Attorney General shouldn’t he an elected office. However, ensuring accountability (when 12 Firestone months is equivalent to 12 irl yrs) is still very generous and allows for that department to have successes and to develop their vision.

This would obviously need to be further developed and written but that is the basic idea.

• Agree / Support
  • Neutral
  • Disagree/ No Support

0 voters

1 Like

should just be limited for the state level tbh. county and municipal shouldnt be affected unless they make their own laws on it

2 Likes

Bro just leave it as it is

2 Likes

We said this multiple times before DONT change it if it works

2 Likes

(5 char)

1 Like

only reason I say no is because we’ve seen governors just nominate their friends, but there is a problem with effectively tenured cabinet heads because there is outcry if you dismiss anyone, regardless if they are active or not.

Atleast those tenured cabinet heads have earned that tenure, which I’d rather versus some random unqualified unexperienced friend be chosen.

2 Likes

It’s also rare to fail a nomination. Having this extra layer of scrutiny down the road can help ensure the individual is actually doing a good job and just wasn’t passed with the right people in office during the right time.

1 Like

I think at least on the Governor scale, it is really a miscarriage of your job when you are afraid to dismiss someone, and the cabinet screening process lacks any real safe guards.

Realistically, the cabinet should be already being switched off every now and then, but the standard is already set.

1 Like

DEPARTMENT TESTIMONIES

What about this, making it where department heads are REQUIRED to appear in front of their legislative bodies to be questioned on current operations and how the department is handling situations around every 6 months or so.

There would be no vote but it could lead to impeachment or provide reasoning for the Governor to remove them. This builds transparency between the public and department heads and to understand what is currently facing the department while addressing the issues you guys had regarding incompetent legislators. Decision still remains with the executive branch head or through impeachment.

3 Likes

I could support it, again, they should be doing this.

One thing I gotta respect is DPW’s constant public reports, I don’t know people who read them, but nonetheless they are posted. Many Governors promise transparency, but we don’t see this, or any reports despite a consolidation of state-announcements (tldr: you are just copy and pasting stuff we’ve read and using cooler words). Cabinet heads have done this, but (usually the tenured ones) give up on any effort publically.

It should already be an expectation to inform the public of your operations, at least the bare bones of it. Is this partly the fault of inactive news? maybe? or is it because fs is boring these days? could be that too?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.