Death Penalty

Should it exist? How should it be conducted? What should include it? What should be result of it?

Wondering what the community thinks of this idea, that is all

(Not a troll post)

12 Likes

LEO’s already conduct the death penalty legally by jumping infront of moving vehicles to shoot them to death

30 Likes

No, people die enough in game. Not necessary.

7 Likes

wait death penalty doesn’t exist? oops.

5 Likes

Already exist…

24 Likes

I thank that man for his service.

5 Likes

More pictures of death penalty…

17 Likes

I mean considering the fact that this is a game and we respawn and there is no New Life Rule within the State of Firestone, I think that this would be pretty useless overall. Maybe for RP purposes this would be a good idea but jail time is still a more effective punishment in my opinion. In general, I think that this would not even be used and if it was, it would be used for RP purposes but doesn’t really have much of an effect on convicts as we simply respawn and there is no NLR rule.

6 Likes

this would be fun, it’ll take me back to my vietnam days

4 Likes

DEATH BY LLAMA SPITTING

21 Likes

can confirm

13 Likes

maybe people who want to RP Death Penalty can “die” where you can get banned as a way to end your career or something or someone who does a very serious serious crime they get like 10000 Second Jail Sentence

4 Likes

yes I’ve always had the urge to empty a mag of my M4 into the skull of an innocent inmate

for legal reasons this is a joke

4 Likes

firing squad is totally a humane way to conduct an unofficial death penalty!

5 Likes

This is pretty much correlating to my point where I said we all respawn no matter what. Since this isn’t a game moderation matter, I don’t think a ban would be reasonable. If anything the sentence could just be 2 hours depending on the offense as it is 10000 seconds.

4 Likes

just have the person say ‘-escapes-’ then its probably legal to kill them

5 Likes

Death Penalty I mean… It could be a thing involved in courts for Roleplay purposes. But again we NLR is disabled so it would be useless.

4 Likes

it is already done…

escape from the prison? shot by LEOs
breach into certain places? shot by LEOs

9 Likes

In the United States, the death penalty is only not considered to be cruel and unusual because Constitutional law explicitly notes death as a potential penalty for crime.

As our state does not have such a designation, the death penalty would likely be challenged as cruel and unusual barring a Constitutional amendment to deem it otherwise.

6 Likes

Its also considered to be a punishment to fit the crime… they may have used the treason clause in the constitution to justify it… but in any event… I think (depending on how the clauses are worded) you may not even need a constitutional amendment…

but it would be better to amend it regardless just to be safe…

4 Likes