Corruption in the Senate?

What are your current opinions on the integrity of our Senate after the recent vote regarding the nomination of former Colonel iJake15 to Superintendent of the Firestone State Patrol, (and the subsequent failing of the aforementioned nomination) and the correspondence of the Senate with the Firestone State Patrol (FSP) Gold Command (excluding Superintendent nominee iJake15, who was not in the talks) to manipulate the outcome of the vote?

Thank you for voting,
Speaker of the House, Techiey
Legislative Branch Head

(I am also still on inactivity notice, currently posting this from Rome.)

• Vote was manipulated / Senate is corrupt
  • Vote was not manipulated / Senate is not corrupt

0 voters

2 Likes

News flash speaker, The Senate is allowed to fail nominations

2 Likes

You state the obvious, Senator. I am inquiring as to if the vote was manipulated by certain members of the Firestone State Patrol to allow someone else to potentially become Superintendent besides the first nominee, iJake15.

3 Likes

It’s not corrupt. This state is a Representative Republic you are to tell the Congress what you think. If they were bribed or something then yes it would be corrupt.

2 Likes

Techiey, The FSP members made THEIR input and we listened by failing. If anything we listened to the public to fail him (I was not present for the vote though)

2 Likes

You make a valid point, President Pro Tempore. That is what I am trying to figure out, if there was any collusion or bribery going on before this vote to influence it’s outcome, and to also see what the public’s opinion is on the matter as well.

2 Likes

The members of the Firestone State Patrol are a part of the public and their voices do indeed matter, however we also need to listen to the rest of the public as well and figure out what their opinions are as well.

3 Likes

Well, The rest of the public decided not to flood us and give their input on the matter, So we attempted to please the department they lead the most. Due to almost their entire command staff Bronze, Silver, and gold refusing to like him along with countless other FSP members and no input from other citizens of Firestone we were forced to fail him upon our thoughts from the public which in this case was FSP as they where the only people you placed input

2 Likes

Understandable. I am just ensuring that no shady business occurred that might have influenced this vote.

2 Likes

Also just a overall comment for your signature you’re presiding officer of the House of Representitives and in a way Co-Leader of the legislative branch beside the Lt. Governor who heads the Senate/

2 Likes

The President of the Senate is not a member of the Legislative Branch, leaving me it’s highest ranking member.

2 Likes

My mistakes

2 Likes

As a current Senator of this state it is very troubling to see charges of corruption levied against a house of this state. I saw no shady business occurring however I was out of town and on a limited wifi/data access.

I had numerous people contact me from both sides and request that I vote on the confirmation one way or another however none of these messages included any (or were intended to) be corrupt or to accept bribes.

I have seen however the FBI tapes that have been brought forth. There was nothing wrong with the lobbying campaign however it is extremely disappointing to see a former Superintendent of the State Patrol attempt to mount a harassment campaign against Nominee iJake.

2 Likes

I, in no way mean to accuse the Senate of being corrupt. This post is intended to sort out any potential issues that may have surfaced after this blatant misconduct from the Firestone State Patrol HICOMM, and their contact with Senators regarding this vote. I sincerely apologize for any potential misguidance over the topic of this post or it’s contents, as I want only the best for this State, and my intentions here were to ensure that the Legislative Branch has continued the trend of having some of the utmost dignity and integrity that can be found in our great state.

2 Likes

You are not the sole leader of the Legislative Branch. Sure I am not a member of the Senate, but I still “run” The Senate.

2 Likes

Understandable, and I agree with you completely. It is important that as legislatures, we need hold ourselves up to a higher moral standard.

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

2 Likes

You are correct in me not being the sole leader of the Legislative Branch, but as far as technicalities are concerned, I am the Branch Head as the Lieutenant Governor is considered a member of the Executive Branch instead. You indeed are the President of the Senate, but you are not a member of the branch that you preside over, unlike the Speaker of the House, who is still constitutionally a Representative and a member of the Legislative Branch.

1 Like

I’m a member of BOTH Branches.

It’s called ex officio

2 Likes

Can you show me where it says you are a member of the Legislative Branch? I do not remember seeing anything about you being a part of it in our state laws.

2 Likes

“The Vice President of the United States (informally referred to as VPOTUS, or Veep) is a constitutional officer in the legislative branch of the federal government of the United States as the President of the Senate under Article One, Section Three of the U.S. Constitution”

And since the State of Firestone acts as its own republic I’d say that best matches

2 Likes