Corrections Getting Citation Books

As a current CO for FDOC, I understand how difficult it can be having to call for FSP or SCSO for even the smallest citations. Not only is it a waist of their time, but it is a waste of the Suspect’s, and the CO’S time. At the prison, we have people cited for loitering and illegal parking. Again, it wastes so much time having to call another unit just to have someone cited. The Firestone Department of Corrections has needed citation books for a long time, and it’s about time we get them.

1 Like

this one makes me want to reeeeee as loud as i can

2 Likes

Where are you guys patrolling?

1 Like

The Greendale area, and the docks. Basically the area near DOC

1 Like

But we cite people at the prison sometimes. Well, have someone else do it

1 Like

I don’t see why you would need to be patrolling the area unless there was a prison break which you don’t need a citation book for.

1 Like

DOC has jurisdiction to patrol the area near the prison, because SCSO and FSP rarely go there.

1 Like

my question what does “waist” mean

1 Like

We would need it, loitering, for example. Would be useful instead of asking FSP to arrive and do it for us. And if we do get a Prisoner Transport vehicle, then I could see being used a bit more.

1 Like

are CO’s POST certified?

1 Like

Not all are some are. Not required to join DOC.

1 Like

No, what Sir_mr said.

1 Like

so how are CO’s supposed to know all of the laws and maximum citation amounts, etc.

1 Like

What fergie said.

1 Like
1 Like

isnt DOC going POST only after this class? @Wolf_RBX

1 Like

it’s stupid to have just a google doc instead of getting proper training on citing people
im sure @FederalLaw would not approve of this

1 Like

Seeing as DOC does not currently require POST, this is impractical. DOC wouldn’t even know how to ticket.

2 Likes

And you think that our CO’s don’t get trained before being allowed to patrol? Well, I have another thing coming for you. All CO’s start off as an applicant, where they have to go through 4 sessions within 14 days. Oh we’re strict. We can easily add a section on how to cite/ticket someone… in fact, we already have that. Yeah k thx.

1 Like

We removed that since, let’s be honest, nobody would join if they passed POST. They would go to FSP/SCSO/DHS

1 Like