Coroner Certifications

Okay, so, EMT/FF/anyone in SCFD should be able to attend a training when they want to do become CT-B aka coroner trained - basic and any other levels, and they can also do their regular jobs as EMS, but when triage black is in effect, coroner certified FF/EMS can come and collect the body, simply for roleplay. no new vehicles would be necessary but recommended. tell me what u think

KEEP IN MIND I SAID YOU CAN BE CT-B AND BE EMS/FF TOGETHER. Therefore, you can continue your normal job in the County when you have no Coroner calls to respond to.

4 Likes

No. Just no.

1 Like

and do u have an explanation why its “no, just no”

2 Likes

Why not?

1 Like

Not a bad idea.

2 Likes

EMT-P can already pronounce someone deceased after Every 5 sets (200 compressions), re-assess the pulse and perform a rhythm check. After 5 sets of 5 without ROSC (return of spontaneous circulation), call a DOA/DOS. This is only part of the curriculum and not the only time which someone may call a victim dead on scene.

Furthermore, a coroner is not a sworn officer. This idea is kinda not needed, adds not-needed developments, and would add lag.

Senior Fire - Medic,
SouthernMorality
Training Division.
Stapleton County Fire Department.

1 Like

I can see where this could enhance the roleplay. However, I don’t think its necessary. It’s going to be a no from me.
Signature

2 Likes

what he said ^

3 Likes

i dont know if i was supposed to but once i transported a “dead body” to the grave yard and held him a small funeral

5 Likes