CONGRESSIONAL POLL: DOT IMPOUND LOT - FELONY OR MISDEMEANOR

Hey guys! Greendale Senator scriblelz here with a poll asking YOU, the public, if it should be a FELONY or MISDEMEANOR offense to go into the Department of Transportation’s impound lot without the need to retrieve your vehicle! Let’s go over the differences.

Trespassing - FELONY

You get charged with a felony C arrest for walking into a glorified parking lot without reason.
Felony expungements are 60 days.

Loitering - MISDEMEANOR

You get charged with a misdemeanor C citation, then arrest, for walking into a glorified parking lot without reason.
Misdemeanor expungements are 30 days.

Q&A

Q: Isn’t it better for the Department of Transportation if it was a felony?
A: Not at all! It makes no difference to them. If somebody loiters in their impound lot they call the cops, same as trespassing. If they obstruct them they get charged with obstructing a public employee. If they bring a gun, no different charge is going to stop them from blasting that transportation worker in the face. The only difference is that it is a lesser offense for a lesser charge, people get charged with trespassing for going into FNG, not the impound lot.

Q: Aren’t there signs saying not to go into the impound lot?
A: Nope! And even if there were, why should it be so easy to commit a felony?

• Misdemeanor Loitering
  • Felony Trespassing

0 voters

2 Likes

#LET DOT GOVERN THEIR OWN PROPERTY!!!

except where egregious (and this isnt)

1 Like

I think y’all take the game a little too serious. It’s literally a place to impound cars. Why does it need any law protecting it? What is dot going to do if LEOs don’t come to remove trespassers? OC then away?? :joy:

10 Likes

highly misleading poll, shame on you

5 Likes

Then make it right and I’ll edit it

2 Likes

Right it’s the same as someone obstructing them. We OC them and by the time LEOs come they drive away.

1 Like

Definitely shouldn’t be a felony. Why make it a crime at all if it’s publicly accessible? Unless they are somehow obstructing tow trucks and stuff like people do at SCFD (which is not publicly accessible) I don’t see the issue here.

2 Likes

At this point they might as well station a National Guard unit, a minimum of three (3) police officers and at least 1 complete SWAT team to guard the honorable impound lot.

3 Likes

I don’t think that people should be charged at all, since it’s easily accessible with no signs or fence. Unless someone commits another crime or refuses to leave, they shouldn’t be arrested for accidentally going in. If misdemeanour and felony are the only two options, it should be a misdemeanour.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.