Congress

So after reading through the topic, here, I have a proposition.

I’ll repeat what some of the other contributers to the thread said.
Basically, some people find Firestone politics interesting and want to join.
They make some friends and get a campaign going (Senator for example).
They win the vote, and get let in!
Now what?

You see, I think this is where a little more hands-on acticity is required.
You can no longer expect to get 100% all knowing congress now (as far as how everything runs), and this is where action should take place.

I propose that (whoever is in charge of congress, I don’t want to think right now) steps it up and helps train newer members of the congress to write and research successful bills/legislation.
I think this will, in the end, cause for a much better congress then we have now.

If I missed anything, I’m sorry, I’m tired.

1 Like

Personally, I completely disagree. Its not the job of the Lieutenant Governor and Speaker to teach someone how to be a good congressmember. They already have plenty on their plate when it comes to scheduling sessions, hosting them, making sure everyone will be there, writing legislations, and on top of that living their life. In my personal belief if you do not know what you are doing, don’t run. Figure that out before attempting to go into the position. I think the problem is people get excited and they get impulsive for the position.

Quite frankly its not rocket science to be a congressmember in roblox. If you look at some legislations and attend a few sessions you will figure out how to do it. Another important thing to do is to look at all legislations currently in affect. Sure that takes a while but how do you expect to make change if you don’t even know what to change. You most certainly should not run for the position then try to go in and read every legislation and figure out what needs fixed. You should have a set agenda going into your term. That way come the end of the term, you can evaluate yourself. You can figure out if you fulfilled your agenda and your goals for the term. If you have no agenda you have nothing to reflect on other than “I did this.”

tldr - Its not the job of chamber heads to teach them how to do the job they need to figure it out themselves before even attempting to run for the position in question.

1 Like

Exactly. Which is why before I joined congress I started as county council, moved up to a rep, then after a year I came back into congress. If you are going to run. You need to know why, and what will you do after.

1 Like

I agree for agreeing

1 Like

No offense aren’t you like the Congressmen that got the most dislikes on the poll? Not just that I haven’t see any bills done by you…

1 Like

I heard some people who would be a good Congress person say they do wanna be one but it’s boring scene all the important laws have been made already and because if you are a rep or senator you can’t be in a primary department.

1 Like

I’ve made legislation yes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like