City of Redwood - Approval and Feedback Poll

Hello citizens of Firestone! I am the Redwood Press Secretary, TheGreenLego_Brick. The City of Redwood Administration will release a poll which will be here that you can vote on. So without any more talking, let’s get right into this.

Do you approve of the City of Redwood as a whole?
  • Yes
  • No
  • No Opinion

0 voters

Do you approve of the City Council?
  • Yes
  • No
  • No Opinion

0 voters

Do you approve of the City Administration?
  • Yes
  • No
  • No Opinion

0 voters

Along with this, if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns about the city in it’s entirety feel free to leave them below!

DISCLAIMER: Theres been a lot of people thinking about the polls being useless at this time in the term; the City Administration decided to do the poll, not the public.

3 Likes

oh so you’re redwood city administration? name every red wood then

5 Likes

Coast Redwoods, Giant Sequoias, Dawn Redwoods.

3 Likes

Alderman Connor_RB

2 Likes

how can you approve of something if they literally do nothing and publicize none of their actions

3 Likes

We’ve had a press release so far, and you can join our Discord server to see what’s happening, as we post very regular updates there.

2 Likes

Ok I guess, has there been any new legislation?

2 Likes

Yes, We’ve had 3 sessions so far. The logs are;

2 Likes

I don’t believe anyone was ever notified about the updated ‘speed limit in parking lots’ law. It’s pretty important and pretty much the only worthy ordinance of Redwood. Just sayin

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll try and write up something regarding it. Thank you for your feedback.

2 Likes

Also, Section 3A:

The speed limit in parking lots shall be 35 studs per second, unless signage, or State, County
and/or City law
, indicates a lower or higher speed limit.

State law always instills a higher speed limit. This practically enforces no speed limit in parking lots anymore. Thanks Redwood finally no speed limit!!

2 Likes

I’m only the Press Secretary; you can forward that to a Councilman or one of the mayors. Not much I can do about that, sorry.

2 Likes

This would mean municipalities can’t regulate parking lot speed limits, because they would override State law.

2 Likes

Negative, there’s no provision in the Traffic Act that contradicts. I’m referring to the specific text here: “or State, County and/or City law, indicates a lower or higher speed limit.” If that clause wasn’t included it would’ve been fine.

2 Likes

Ok but then what State law makes it so the parking lots have no speed limits

2 Likes

None, that’s a myth

2 Likes

So then what are you talking about

2 Likes

Bruh the bill says that if State law indicates a higher speed limit then that takes effect. There’s a speed limit everywhere in v2. Where there is no posted speed limit, 50 SPS. Otherwise, the last speed limit sign passed applies. In Redwood the last seen speed limit sign will always be 50/40 SPS and that will apply throughout parking lots; hence a higher speed limit is indicated and that takes effect.

2 Likes

Ok so then I was right because municipalities can’t contradict state law and state law establishes a speed limit, meaning municipalities can’t establish one themselves

2 Likes

With the current wording of the Traffic Act it’s a guess. But interpretationally, it states:

Where there is no marked speed limit in Stapleton County version 2, the speed limit shall be
50s/s.

While ‘marked speed limit’ may refer to ‘posted speed limit’, I don’t know what I was thinking of when I used ‘marked’ instead of ‘posted’ and it’s not a wild guess to believe that ‘marked’ may include speed limits imposed by inferior governments.

Up to a court ruling to decide; let’s just say it’s ambiguous, but with the wording of this city bill the 35 SPS speed limit definitely doesn’t apply because it explicitly says ‘indicates a lower or higher speed limit’ and the Traffic Act clearly does indicate a remedy for parking lots.

3 Likes