Change the laws regarding illegal parking

Hello!

So I am here today to present an issue that has been in Firestone for a long time, which is people that get unfairly cited for illegal parking.

I can name many examples of people (inluding previous cabinet members) who always get cited for illegal parking, this is due to the fact when citizens are away from their car (maybe if they got kidnapped, or even SS protection), there is always someone who ends up ramming their car.

Now of course, this creates an issue as Firestone LEOs will arrive and instantly cite a vehicle for illegal parking without even considering any context behind it. As a Director in DPW, I get lots of cases where employees, who were kidnapped off duty, keep having to go on indefinite suspension as they rack up citations.

Now this issue is clearly large due to the fact that if a citizen isn’t happy with leaving their car at CD, then why should they want to roleplay? People have literally been turned into criminals before due to this issue.

Now I see two solutions to this:

1. Completely remove the illegal parking law entirely, and just rely on DOT to tow the cars away.
  2. Only make it so an LEO can cite for illegal parking IF they witness the car get illegaly parked in the first place, instead of just assuming it was parked like that.

Feel free to discuss this as I think it is an important topic.

5 Likes

1 - cops shouldnt even be citing cars that are getting rammed anyway, states it in the bill

^ how can you tell that the car has been rammed? you cant.

removing the illegal parking law entirely? no. theres never enough dot on and sometimes, theres no dot on at all, and with past experiences, when i page for dot theres no response.

as a citizen who has been falsely cited due to my vehicle being rammed, i can confirm, getting an illegal parking citation isnt as bad as it seems. the expungement system is fairly easy if its your only citation, and one citation on your record wont really affect much.

2 Likes

the main issue is the courts are so slow to remove citations, if you rack too many up, then deparments might have to suspend you until you get them removed, which takes forever.

maybe the issue is with LEOs that just cite, maybe an announcement just needs to goto LEOs and tell them to stop

4 Likes

yes, an announcement does need to be made

2 Likes

just dont spawn ur car unless u have to use it. smh thats just how Firestone is

3 Likes

cossie, your optional tags confuse the fuck outta me. you want a law changed. but this is for a dev and for v3?

3 Likes

I can assure you that #1 would cause havoc.

#2 is already law.

3 Likes

The Firestone Traffic Code is being worked on as of right now. I want to hear your opinions on it and will be posting a forum about it as well.

There is not an ideal way to fix this issue. The law, as it currently stands, does not permit officers to cite rammed in vehicles if they witnessed the ramming initially. I would advise officers to not cite illegally parked vehicles unless it is clear that they were not rammed into, but that’s simply how it works.

I will be posting more info about the new Traffic Code today. Please feel free to give suggestions on that.

3 Likes

DPW Employees shouldn’t be put on suspension just because they got a illegal parking ticket off duty…

3 Likes

Exactly, why are you citing someone if you cant definitively prove they committed the crime of illegal parking. When you arrest someone im sure you definitely know they committed murder or something.

Dont cite or arrest someone if you have no chance at holding it up in court. And it is sad that people get cited and they will never be able to see that money returned to them since courts cannot order monetary compensation.

Im unsure why we allow for citations but do not allow for tort law. They are basically equal. Citations are paid with cash that is bought with robux. Why cant we do this for tort law?

4 Likes

yes, support.

3 Likes

i’m not gonna do reimbursements of maximum $100 for some kid who got cited for illegal parking

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes