Change the definition of lethal and non lethal shots within LEO departments

For example, a shot to the leg would most likely be fatal:

A shot to the leg will most likely hit the femoral artery, causing loads of bleeding and if not treated quickly and properly will lead to death. Not only that, but a shot to the leg could also break the femur bone which is the largest in the body, causing a broken leg and probably will puncture the femoral artery and/or will cause bleeding which would need to be treated quickly.

1 Like

It goes off of Roblox, not real life

1 Like

We are based on realism soooo

2 Likes

A shot anywhere could be lethal if it hits the right organs, arteries, or bones. If it’s to a point where you have to pull your weapon out and shoot, all shots should be considered lethal.

3 Likes

The point is that if you shoot for a leg/hand then the person won’t die, at least with treatment, while torso/head shot will most likely result in a quick death.

2 Likes

Basically look at it like this. You you have a lot more vital organs in your chest and head area, your leg, while not saying you couldn’t die from getting shot there, but are you more likely to die from let’s say…two collapsed lungs, inflicted by multiple gunshots to one centered area, or gunshots to the leg area that just might hit the femoral artery? The current lethal and less* lethal shot placements are fine, in my opinion. And let’s be honest here…9 times out of 10, if an officer is shooting someone, it’s an active gunfight beteeen them, so you’re going for shots that will stop the threat.

1 Like

There is no “non-lethal” shot to be honest. Your gun is a deadly weapon, used when life is at an immediate threat, and you can use your gun on deadly force.

You shoot your gun to neutralize a threat, you are trained center mass. You shoot your gun anywhere on the human body it can be lethal.

If you do shoot your gun you fire at center mass as center mass is the biggest, has the most organs, and it will quickly neutralize a threat. You fire till the threat is neutralized.

In most police shootings you don’t have time to aim for the small target of a arm or leg and risk your life or others, you shoot center mass. It baffles me when someone says “why didn’t they just shoot his leg or arm?”.

5 Likes

Fastbird is right, because usually, the only times when police shoots into the hand/leg is when suspect isn’t reall dangerous (So he’s just beating you and you have to do something to protect yourself, yes it happens sometimes) or when police has time to aim for the leg/hand.

1 Like

A shot is a shot.
If you goto Redwood, expect to be shot… Sad Truth
Either way, I believe a system can and should be implemented to make people lay down if they are shot once in like the leg or something. But, a shot to the chest or head is most likely gonna be lethal.
However, this would require the help of everyone to rp this until a system like that is implemented, and even then would require people to try and be realistic

3 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself. This whole thing you see on television about how the officers somehow shoot the gun out of the suspect’s hand or shoot the suspect in the leg is…for lack of better word, bullshit. You try aiming for the person’s leg or arm when they’re shooting at you or are posing a lethal threat to you or someone else. Another thing too, what about if you miss? Peanut gallery, did we ever consider that? Officers are responsible for every bullet they fire, so especially if you have a deadly force situation, I’m going to try to land as many hits as I can, not try to do some ridiculous move and shoot the gun out of the person’s hand.

3 Likes

If you get shot you get shot, if you want a change in how we get hurt in v2 make a suggestion to a dev.

1 Like

That’s not entirely true at all. Being shot in the chest or belly area can be nonlethal depending on where, and being shot in a limb can be lethal depending on where.

1 Like