Censorship

So, when are we officially renaming ourselves to a dictatorship? Pretty sure removing opposing views and censoring them falls under violating not only freedom of speech, but under regular ethics. Guess Danny’s post being removed only proves the point further that we are a dictatorship or an aurthoritarian regime of some kind.

Context for those who do not know what happened:

Danny made a post on Firestone Forums criticizing Fed. It gathered more than 100 responses and more than 20+ likes but was removed afterwards for “Harassment”, Danny had his forum and Discord mod roles removed, any future posts with his speech were removed as well. I will not be posting whatever Danny said there, despite it not being offensive in any way, to prevent this post from being deleted, however, I don’t think administration gives a fuck.

23 Likes

preach brother preach!

2 Likes

$10 says this gets deleted as well.

(I’m joking or am I?)

7 Likes

I’m curious to who exactly it was that deleted the post.

2 Likes

It was Env and he deleted it for “Targetting”

2 Likes

Envelope for TOS violation… I think he called it “harassment”.

3 Likes

wagwan

2 Likes

It doesn’t take a big brain for someone to realize deleting a post criticizing the administration only proves their point even further.

8 Likes

:skull:

2 Likes

Technically this site is shielded from legally scrutiny for moderating content due to 47 U.S.C. § 230.

2 Likes

Danny’s post turned into a shit posting post. That’s probably why it was removed.

2 Likes

If the images that Danny was providing are true then it was deleted due to something along the lines of harassment/TOS violation.

2 Likes

No, the post itself was removed specifically for harassment or targetting and not the shit post that it caused. It was removed for basically “offending” Fed by our criticism.

2 Likes

It was more that criticism my man. Think what you want to think. You obviously know what was “actually” going on.

2 Likes

So if people were violating the rules and directly insulting Fed, why weren’t their posts removed, according to you? Why was the ORIGINAL post removed?

3 Likes

I would like to point out that if Trump succeeds in removing § 230 then you may be able to subject the site to legal scrutiny…

I’m not a lawyer by any means but that’s what I’m possibly seeing. So if you want to go down that route talk to a lawyer specializing in federal civil suits dealing with the tech world. Our TOS may bind us to just litigating in Cal. but I’d have to double check.

2 Likes

I am deeply concerned by what has unfolded however.

I would like to hear, as a stake holder in this establishment, why the actions were taken in regards to Danny’s forum and why he was removed from forum moderator.

If this group administration continues to chastise the people that built and continue to build this group then don’t be surprised if the situation of the state worsens.

Just my leadership thought of the day.

4 Likes

What “stake” do you have? Just curious.

2 Likes

I’m a member of the group who has placed robux into the group therefore I am invested in it.

3 Likes

Hasn’t the group already worsened from what it was during the Alpha V1 days? I’ve literally seen no positive changes made to the state because all that Fed wants is what happens. Remember the no blue lights issue? It was turned down by Fed. Why? “Blue Lights are unrealistic”. Remember when Firestone State Patrol had a rank restriction on it’s Dodge Charger? Yeah, no one does because Fedora challenged that when a Sergeant called onto Fed and said that as Founder, Fed is simply to be considered a Trooper and nothing more. This sent Fed on a rampage to fight the Colonel because Fed wanted to drive the Dodge Charger. Remember when IA was about to become a thing? Neither do half of the population! Know why? Fedora wanted DPS to do all the investigative work so he challenged the FSP’s Colonel into removing the Internal Affairs.

Someone literally made a whole story back in Early V-2 days.

6 Likes