Butsworth and Techiey for Governor and Lieutenant Governor - Campaign Manifesto

As many of you have seen, gubernatorial candidate Butsworth has resigned from the State, obviously ending this campaign. Thank you all that supported this campaign and all of it’s ideals. Godspeed, Butsworth.

Speaker of the House,
Techiey

Campaign Manifesto

2018 Gubernatorial Elections
Campaign Speech

Governor Candidate
Butsworth

Lt Governor Candidate
Techiey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Content
I. Introduction and Candidate Experience
II. Candidate Experience and Campaign Platform
III. Foreign Policy
IV. Leadership in Our Government
V. Cabinet
VI. Judicial Branch
VII. Department Plans
VIII. Plans for the Future
IX. Transparency and the Citizens
X. Final Words from the Candidates

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I. Introduction
Greetings! We are Gubernatorial candidates Butsworth and Techiey. Between the two of us, we share experience in all branches of our state government, from Congress to the Department of Justice and the Courts. A complete list of our Firestone experience will be listed at the end of this document.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

II. Candidate Experience and Campaign Platform
Our campaign can be summarized into three words: continuity, stability, and quality. The top priorities of this administration are to increase interdepartmental relations, increase the effectiveness of all branches of government, especially in law enforcement, and to promote peace and create alliances with foreign nations to strengthen our state. Both of us currently are in major roles within this state to help it prosper and grow, but we now are aiming to expand our horizons and willing to lead to the entire state. Governor candidate Butsworth is currently a Special Agent with the Firestone Bureau of Investigations and a Staff Sergeant in the National Guard. Lieutenant Governor candidate Techiey is the incumbent Speaker of the House, along with being an Associate Attorney General of Investigations in the Department of Justice, and Lieutenant Colonel of the 3rd Infantry Battalion in the National Guard.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

III. Foreign Policy

With the Department of State in full swing under Secretary of State Zerthus, we aim to strengthen bonds with our foreign allies to ensure peace among nations, along with making new allies to spread democracy to foreign states. As a superpower among nations, we should be pushing other states to ascend to the level of quality and professionalism that we all strive for here in Firestone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IV. Leadership in Our Government

As of late, the leadership of our governments at the state and county levels has been fairly unstable. The county government has been without a County Executive for 8 days as of the time of writing. As your Governor and Lieutenant Governor candidates, we plan to ensure that we have nothing short of perfection in regards to department and branch leadership. As for the Cabinet, our plan is to ensure that all department heads are leading their departments with the utmost efficiency and quality. There is no room for error or immaturity when it comes to being among the best our state has to offer.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

V. Cabinet

Cabinet meetings will be hosted when we feel that leadership or overall department performance has declined, as we want to allow department heads as much time as possible to work with their own departments and not having to worry about cabinet reports. On the topic of cabinet reports, we will be doing away with that old tradition and implementing a much more practical way of judging a department’s ability: viewing their actual day-to-day operations instead of a canned response that everything is perfect. As realistic people, we know that not everything can always be perfect, but we strive to achieve that, and with this new way of holding our cabinet and departments accountable, we will be trusting more in those leaders to make those decisions themselves.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

VI. Judicial Branch

With the somewhat-recent resignation of several Court Justices and the impeachment of Chief Court Justice AmerlcanLaw, our court system has been running at sub-par levels since. With co-operation with the Judicial Branch, we aim to streamline the process of becoming a Court Justice and increasing the overall knowledge of the public. This will be accomplished by working with the Department of Justice to educate our citizens on state laws, and ensure that everyone knows their rights and how to exercise them.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

VII. Department Plans

We touched on this topic earlier with the discussion of the Cabinet. Whether in the past or the present, “department wars” have been an issue revolving around communication (or lack thereof) between departments. As Governor and Lieutenant Governor, we will work with department heads to ensure that these “wars” never happen again, as having our departments at odds with each-other helps nobody. Increased communication and integration with other departments is key to an effective team, and without a united executive branch, our state will fall to the wayside due to this in-fighting. Department cooperation is going to be key to success in the coming months to combat all enemies of the state, be it physical criminals or mental laziness.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

VIII. Plans for the Future

In our tenure as Governors, we plan on pioneering a government continuity plan if this great State ever falls, God forbid it does, to ensure its survival through any situation thrown at it. Additionally, with new alliances abroad and the support they provide, we can strongly assure that our State will never have to ever execute this continuity plan.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IX. Transparency and the Citizens

A factor that has been detrimental to previous administrations has been the lack of communication between them and the populace, failing to inform them of the happenings in the government that they elected that administration to. We intend to end this closed-door policy by hosting State of the State Addresses and pushing out a bi-weekly report on what we accomplished during that time period, along with a monthly question and answer session with us to discuss anything related to our state. Additionally, we plan on recognizing heroism and dedication to this State from our citizens with new Governor’s Awards, aimed to showcase those that go above and beyond in our State to further push the ticket of excellence and demonstrate this state’s true qualities.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

X. Final Words from the Candidates

Governor Candidate, Butsworth
Loving to write I’ll probably make a long speech so here you go; Being in Firestone since its beginning I’ve gotten to learn about the community making both friends and enemies. Being in multiple departments notably the Department of State and Department of Homeland Security; I had first been thrown into the position of secretary when Rolerain unfortunately resigned which forced me to adapt and learn the ropes quickly otherwise DHS and my career itself would turn into mush. After weeks of work, all nighters, and interactions with staff, DHS became a respected department, along with the Department of State which I also held the position of Secretary in. Throughout my time in the Department of State, I’d been given a chance to truly explore other states and their Governments. After making treaties, alliances, and new regulations, the Department itself became active until my resignation. These positions gave me a chance to learn more about Firestone, its Government, and most importantly the executive branch. Now when I look back at Firestone things have changed; sadly those changes are bringing this very group down. As of this writing, Firestone has been in a gradual decline, as there has been no real leadership/Governor willing to work on the cabinet or even interact with the people they represent. If Techiey and I do win the Gubernatorial elections, I can promise you all the following: A new, fresh cabinet will be formed in order to give Firestone a fresh start, with more efficient, professional and respected Departments. As I’ve explained the idea of interacting with the people, I do plan to hold weekly meetings with citizens, to hear out ideas, concerns along with any suggestions they may have. Whilst on the subject of interactions, cabinet meetings will now convene on every Friday no matter what, as in the past it has been shown that these pivotal meetings have just been cancelled by due to some petty reason. Additionally, Techiey and I will be meeting with the Firestone National Guard Major General to strengthen and expand our state security. Seeing as this speech has gone on long enough and I’ve begun to repeat myself, I will end with this; For too long has Firestone been lead my inactive and incompetent politicians, it is time we elected a true leader.
Sincerely,

Butsworth
Governor Candidate

Lieutenant Governor Candidate, Techiey
Greetings, citizens of the great State of Firestone! As your Lieutenant Governor candidate, I want to say thank you for considering Butsworth and I as your future Governors, it truly means a lot. With my legislative experience, I will adeptly and skillfully lead our Senate, ensuring that it is living up to the high standards that you expect from it. If you elect me as your Lieutenant Governor, I will personally ensure that we will remain steadfast in office and live up to our promises made here. We are here to serve you, the people, not anyone or anything else. Any questions at all can be directed to my Discord DM’s, they are always open for the people to inquire about what is occurring in our administration.

Techiey
Lieutenant Governor Candidate

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

“Firestone does not need another politician- we need leaders. Elect Butsworth and Techiey for Governor and Lieutenant Governor for a steadfast and honest administration.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Candidate Resumes

Governor Candidate Butsworth’s Resume:
Former Positions:
Department of Homeland Security Secretary
Department of State Secretary
Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office Deputy
Firestone State Patrol Trooper
Department of Safety Inspector

Current Positions:
Firestone Bureau of Investigation Special Agent
Firestone National Guard Staff Sergeant

Lieutenant Governor Techiey’s Resume:

Former Positions:
Department of Public Safety Investigator
Department of Homeland Security Federal Protective Service Officer
Department of Public Works Instructor
Firestone National Guard: Coast Guard Seaman
Senator
Department of Homeland Security Crisis Response Team Agent
Department of State Diplomatic Staff
House Representative

Current Positions:
Speaker of the House
Associate Attorney General of Investigations
Firestone National Guard Lieutenant Colonel

4 Likes

support with or without speech.

it’s butsworth, no one can say no to him!!

5 Likes

speech will be released after the announcement

2 Likes

Support;

2 Likes

support. you better win buts…

2 Likes

Support because its Butsworth
No Endorsement because I already endorsed Pwn and OVG

Signed

2 Likes

oh yes support

2 Likes

YEAH!!!

2 Likes

Support

Signed,
Secretary of DPW
steelersben07

2 Likes

support & endorsed

8ade9e2569ee78a16c7f2c64e42e6a29

2 Likes

Support and endorsed

2 Likes

ooh hot a fight between OVG & Pwnzor and Buts & Tech

what a fight

what a match

:popcorn:

support though
Atlyarch
FPS Chief

2 Likes

I would support but Techiey you were charged with Manslaughter by the court and you said it was a “misclick” also you hosted a session for the house as you were just speaker with only two members of the House when there are eight members. The law states 1/2 of the chambers needs to be on and 2/3 of that half needs to be on and if I can do math correctly 1/2 of eight is four and 2/3 of 4 is about 2.66666667 and rounding is 3 so you clearly don’t know how to run the chamber.

Sir_Mr
The Honorable Senator Sir_Mr
President Pro Tempore of the State of Firestone
Committee Chairman Congressional Public Advisory Committee
Committee Member of Senate Appointments Committee

2 Likes

If this isn’t gonna be a fight between OVG & Pwn vs Buts & Tech then I don’t know what is

2 Likes

Aye, I count as part of that chamber count.

2 Likes

If you count that is 9 members which 1/2 of 9 is 4.5 and 2/3 of 4.5 is 3 which is still under quorum plus you didn’t vote and 5 members of the house were not online at the time so still would not work.

Sir_Mr

The Honorable Senator Sir_Mr
President Pro Tempore of the State of Firestone
Committee Chairman Congressional Public Advisory Committee
Committee Member of Senate Appointments Committee

2 Likes

Can you explain how 3 is under quorum? You literally said quorum was 3 in the sentence prior.
Also, per the Constitution, I count as a member of the House / chamber of the House, so I do indeed count towards quorum. Just because I did not vote does not mean that I do not count towards the quorum count. Also, there were 5 Representatives online at the time.
If we could stop focusing on this non-issue and work to better our state as a whole, one of the reasons I am running with Butsworth for the Governorship, we will be able to make this state even greater than it already is.
Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Support

-Kobruh
FSP Major

2 Likes

Support,

1superchris2
Command Sergeant Major, 3rd Infantry Battalion, 43 Combat Sustainment Brigade

2 Likes

@anon54114525 Please lock this thread. Campaign has been retired.

2 Likes