BST/GMT Timezone

Most departments don’t support BST. I have done tiers at post and at FFA and have had to stay up to 11 pm BST for one tier.

This isn’t right, Firestone is a mutual community and there should be a separate amount of trainers for FFA & POST to support Europe Timezones. I have spoken to multiple people about this and it hasn’t helped and they have agreed on this topic.

I currently work in the Department of Transportation and meetings aren’t hosted to support others and me in Europe timezone. When we have monthly meetings it is mandatory to go so we would get stricken/terminated for not going because of our time zone.

With the graduations from post & ffa they aren’t supporting us as well so that means Europe timezone trainees can’t graduate I think this needs to change so we can improve this.

*Nathless

1 Like

An acceptable time for you is when people are either at work/school, or asleep on weekdays. And no one wants to host a tier/whatever at like 10 AM on a weekend for the like three British people. Sorry mate, but just like you can’t help your time zone, no one else can either.

It can be helped if they get GMT staff

1 Like

That is a good point.

1 Like

if you can’t go, then you can’t go. it’s not that hard to understand. if you really want to go, then try to stay up late. until departments start hiring gmt/bst instructors, that is.

if you have mandatory meetings that you can’t go to, then just tell your superiors. it’s not like they’ll murder you for having to be asleep when they’re just getting out of school.

“what do you know about this? you probably live in california and you’re just saying that so that trainings are always convenient for you,” you might say;

hah. no.

im asian. i live in the philippines. i have had to sleep at 4am twice every other week to get to the things i need to get to. you can definitely do it.

1 Like

I’d say a super majority of this community is Nortn American, with a few Brits and Australians. Hell, I think we have a Frank too. But anyways, when there’s only like twenty people spread out through the departments it’s kinda impractical to just say “get more people to cater my needs.”

1 Like

I get where it’s coming from, heck, I’m from England. But look where I got? If you just keep trying, you’ll get through it eventually, regardless of your timezone.

1 Like

Thank you , I am just stuggiling a bit with the timzones.

1 Like

4AM is a drag

1 Like

there’s late, and there’s 4*am late.

1 Like

I am Russian an I have 3:47 AM there, get on my level

1 Like

Well sir, that’s because ur country isn’t important like FREEDOM LAND

1 Like

never disrespect mother russia @DannyboyJurist

2 Likes

ooga booga go eat your burgers murican