Bribery Roleplay Enhancement

Good Afternoon, everyone!

It’s come to my attention that although bribery is in the Criminal Code, being arrested for bribery isn’t very possible. In which I feel like it would be a great idea to implement a bribery system in the bottom left menu(s), where when you choose a certain menu, or a specific option within a menu, something that says “bribe” would be an option to click. When you clicked that, a GUI would pop up with all nearby users within x amount of studs. If I wanted to bribe a Trooper or deputy, I would click the bribe option, a GUI would pop up, I would click their username, and insert an amount to offer. Then on the trooper/deputies screen, a GUI on the side would pop up that says:

“(USERNAME) would like to bribe you $(AMOUNT).”

ACCEPT / DENY

If Accepted: (RECIPIENT) has accepted your $(AMOUNT) bribe!
If Denied: (RECIPIENT) has denied your $(AMOUNT) bribe!

Then, LEO’s can decide to either accept it and claim the money, or deny it/screenshot it and arrest. I feel like this would bring a whole new level of roleplay when it comes to bribery. If LEO’s didn’t want to receive bribery requests, there could be a toggle button.

I couldn’t think of a “goods” bribe option for food and such, but a give system would be cool. If someone is within x amount of studs you could do /give (username) (name of tool) and boom, they have it. (excluding ID)

I obviously know nothing about scripting and don’t know if either of these could be exploited by exploiters, so if you could let me know, that’d be great!

8 Likes

I forgot to link the bribery card from the Criminal Code trello, so here: https://trello.com/c/6gWcJ8jK/33-12-bribery

3 Likes

Bribery was more designed for out of game instances (as are most of our integrity crimes): exchanges of robux for x to be done, exchanges of exercising a certain power for political gain, etc.

7 Likes

Ah, alright. Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

3 Likes

The donation system could be used for this, technically. If you implement this, it will be too hard to discover any cases of bribery, as anyone can get away with it as long as they’re not stupid enough to record them accepting the bribe.

5 Likes

True, aswell.

3 Likes

/Give Command is a horrible idea - A criminal could give a perfectly legal person a firearm who does not have a CFL and get the person arrested, But if it got tweaked then yea pretty good but bribe system seems useless

3 Likes

How does the bribe system seem useless? You could get arrested for bribing an officer to get out of something.

3 Likes

They obviously wouldn’t implement it like that. It would be as he said, a confirmation with the person that is reviving the item with a GUI.

5 Likes

Shout out to my guy chillz_bunnies who leaked something from dhs for 500000 v2 cash.

16 Likes

praise

3 Likes

They could accept… and still arrest?

5 Likes

very late but as someone else said, this is the donation thing

4 Likes

still illegal on their end possibly but yes they very well could do that

3 Likes

i mean hey if you offer up 50k+ i may or may not accidentally hit release
/shrug

4 Likes