Boating legislation law ideas

go there is only TWO right now

3 Likes

Make it to where they have to go below gear 5 inside the areas with buoys that have the yellow lights. So pretty much like a no-wake zone type thing.

6 Likes

I think even lower would be appropriate for the docks and spawn. Maybe 3 gears?

1 Like

I really waited for years for the boats to be added. Please, don’t make laws that are going to ruin the fun.

7 Likes

Agreed 100%. I do not want to go to V2 with the fear of being cited or arrested for simply cruising across the lake at max speed,

Not everything needs a law. Reckless boating exists and you can apply it to virtually all scenarios. Boating laws should be laid back, and the current ones are fine. I haven’t seen a legal drive like a baboon yet so what’s the point?

4 Likes

simply IDEAS to ensure safety like lights at night and during fog or a safe speed limit for areas inside the buoys

3 Likes

oh yeah thats fine you can do the lights stuff and the buoy thing just not awfully too many restrictions… driving a boat is fun.

5 Likes

Yeah, I say we making boating illegal. only LEO’s are allowed on the water, like pre-update.

For legal reasons that is a joke

3 Likes

BOATING AT NIGHT WITHOUT HEADLIGHTS

4 Likes

And to be real, if you’re driving across a lake in real life, having fun, and enjoying your time, theres no “boat police” expecting to pull you over for speeding a little. I agree 100%.

5 Likes

No laws are needed, only reckless boating

1 Like

Ahoy Matey, Boat Cop SeanCityNavy with the Firestone Boat Police, do you know why i’ve tied your vessel to mine today?

3 Likes

don’t know, don’t care. bye!

skrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

2 Likes

C9 on Water t2

1 Like

Performing the Boat PIT maneuver, all units be advised.

1 Like

engine stalls out after trying to pull the cg vessel.

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

I’ve talked to legislators before that I am against any legislation that would put a cap on boat speeds within the open waters. It is safe to go full speed in the open waters as there aren’t as many hazards as compared to a normal roadway. There is a lot more space to avoid collisions. The “no wake” zone around the yellow buoys should be limited though to an appropriate speed of around 30 sps to ensure that you don’t run into the boats that are all crammed together or noobs who are in the water.

We didn’t initially have it where lights were required at night as boats didn’t have lights until envelope re-scripted them. I think this could be added and that wouldn’t be a major pain.

There is a difference between regulating for safety and regulating too much where it becomes not fun anymore. Consider all aspects or roleplaying before making crucial legislation changes.

While we are on the topic, the reckless boating legislation should have an amendment to allow for boat races and for marine departments to block off certain areas for these races. I think this legislation would be very beneficial to the state and the roleplay in the community.

3 Likes

Question: Why is it that DOBW wants to restrict the area around the sky bridge?

(The area is used by law enforcement and SAR to get into the water, load/offload patients, load/offload equipment, or [in the case of law enforcement] chase suspects who try to flee via the waterways)

2 Likes