Bill to Recognize Malpractice (Plea for congress)

urging congress to quickly draft a legislation relating aid to citizens with a certification. Where in order to render aid that exceeds common first aid (define this in bill), shall be mandated to have a certification out of either the Firestone Fire Academy or Stapleton County Fire Department.

Certifications:

• EMT-B
  • EMT-P
  • ACCC

First aid would be defined as common aid utilizing basic, store bought items, such as kerlix / gauze, bandages, etc.

Malpractice would be defined as rendering level aid which not certified to give, which may pose risk to the patient.

Why would this be necessary?

• The Stapleton County Fire Department trains constantly to really ensure competency of our medics. With this, we thrive for good medical scenes with minimal obstructions. Currently, there’s no law regulating that you have to be certified to render aid, meaning we can not legally stop someone from potentially hurting a patient and the RP, due to ignorance.

However, it is realistic to have someone come along as a bystander and render aid, however, to maintain realism, these citizens should only have First Aid level materials.

For those who have a certification within the Firestone Fire Academy and/or Stapleton County Fire Department, must abide by regulations set by SCFD Standard Operating Guideline (SOG 2.008) Off-Duty SOG, which can be found below:

Signed,

Captain,
SouthernMorality.
Stapleton County Fire Department.

5 Likes

Support!

We dont want some people going around and randomly stabbing people with morphine!

5 Likes

I’m not a normal person. ;3

3 Likes

I do not feel safe passing a bill like this until a good Samaritan bill is passed along with it.

2 Likes

House is trying to do something like it but of course Senate is failing it.

2 Likes

Thought Senate was supposed to be there for the people. Guess not.

3 Likes

Hence why I put the first aid portion in there. Please read up. It’s not about telling people they cant go and help a downed person (as if half the people have any idea what they’re doing), it’s scoping their practice down and regulating it.

2 Likes

Because I’m a law nerd not a medical/EMT nerd unfortunately, what is ACCC? I’ve heard about it a few times.

2 Likes

Support!

Trooper cirt31, FSP.

2 Likes

It’s a firearm certification for Firefighters.

1 Like

its ACC and it’s advanced casualty care I believe where firefighters have a firearm as well as their certification.

1 Like

Support for sure. Used to be a paramedic in SCFD. It gets really freaking old seeing “doctors” from other groups treating people in technechiques EMT-Ps are trained and certified to perform.

2 Likes

basically scfd and paramedics are trained what to do in combat situations or if theres a shooter. they can also use a gun on team if they have it

2 Likes

it is ACCC and it is Advanced Casualty Care Course(or certification)

1 Like

@Sir_Mr I am pretty sure the Senate failed it for a reason, it was very vague and needed to be more detailed.
@Dr_PhantomSCPF The Senate and the House of Representatives do represent the people, but they also take in all the information provided and from there they decide whether or not they think it does more good then it does bad.
@G_abee lmao

1 Like

But when the house thinks it’s good they table and tell the person what to fix. When you fail something you are saying it’s just trash.

2 Likes

Here are a couple of quotes:

1 Like

I can not speak for what the other Senators did I was not at that Session.

1 Like
1 Like