Bill of Rights Revitalization: Public Comment

After rewriting Article Three, I got to work on rewriting the BOR, as the current one is a god awful patchwork of shit that barely functions. Here’s my draft: BOR Revitalization Amendment - Google Docs

So yeah, thought I’d do what I did with my C.III revision and ask for any public comment before I have it proposed.

Notable changes:

• Name and badge removed from Cons (separate bill covering such will be proposed in conjunction)
  • Due process better specified
  • Generally shortened shit
  • Tourist protests are no longer legally protected (:sunglasses:)
  • Search and seizure is better
  • Petitions and FOI actually make sense now
6 Likes

REMOVE ALL RIGHTS NOW!

4 Likes

I like it. Support.

1 Like

I disapprove

1 Like

I approve

1 Like

Just a few quick points from me:

• “induced” = persuaded and persuasion is not always by force so it suggest rephrasing it (its in § 3)

• also in § 3, are you saying that any testimony taken by any body for any reason must result in someone’s miranda rights being read?

if thats what your saying, I’d remove that portion…

• I’d also remove the requirement that forces officers to tell someone why they are under arrest - they can see the why in the arrest database.

Other than that no issues.

3 Likes

Wording tweaked on right to remain silent. And I am very clearly not doing that

3 Likes

Although indeed I like that thing are now clearer and more open I thing that Section VIII (considering the current one) might need a few changes, I think that VIII in the part that says “immediate probable cause” could be interpreted as basically only arrests in fraganti can be made, and although it covers searches I don’t think it covers seizures that good. Something along the lines of the goverment may not conduct unreasonable searches, seizures or arrests.

Just my thought tbh.

1 Like

good work danny

2 Likes

May have been answered or i misunderstood, with searches, will they still be voluntary under request. ie, Secret Service asks you if they can search you, you say yes, will that be still lawful?

1 Like

Why change? It’s already fix so don’t fix it or you might break it!

1 Like

well written danny

2 Likes

this is incredibly based and i love it

however i think we are beyond letting mongs into departments, that started a long time ago!

2 Likes

Is it safe to presume none of these rights apply to the binman secretary?

3 Likes

I mean, I guess in my head I presumed the legal theory that consentful searches are always lawful, but knowing FS LEOs and our strict constructionist judges, it may indeed be best to specify that. As such, I have now done so

3 Likes

a lot cleaner for sure, soon we’ll have to finish off the constitution as well

2 Likes

Can someone make a trello with the traffic laws and then legalize that?? I think we need a proper traffic law trello like the amazing criminal code one.

1 Like

Not legalised but allegedly most accurate Trello

1 Like

Yeah I agree it’s good. However, I still believe we need a officially recognized one

1 Like

I think they’re waiting for V3 before making the traffic code legal since it’ll be redone