Better Arrest GUI

Arrest GUI Complexity

Recently, I saw a picture showing the arrest GUI. I was surprised by the fields it includes as most of it can be automated. If the automation implemented correct, it can speed up the whole arrest system as there will be less fields to fill out.

Date & Time can be automated by os.time

Identification can be automated by getting the local player that is arresting the user.

10 Likes

ey thats my picture lol

2 Likes

please please please yes yes yes yes yes

2 Likes

if u guys cant type ur username, and the date+time in a box…perhaps you shouldn’t be an LEO…

2 Likes

i support this, plus i think venue is stupid it should be removed and just leave “location”

2 Likes

i think i’d just be more simplistic and take less time, thats why they recommended it. not cause people can’t

3 Likes

Yes LEOs take so long to type

2 Likes

It’s not the typing that takes a while. All of that time they take is them having to open the MDT and see how long they have to arrest you for and what charges they are going to arrest you for.

2 Likes

the identification field is used by DOC(orrections) to put the officer who asked them to transport someone to the prison

2 Likes

or we can have it like mayflower where u choose the charges and the times are already on each charge if that makes sense

example: philip gets arrested for 1st degree murder and hit and run
the officer would pick 1st degree murder and the jail time would show etc

4 Likes

for identification your meant to put people who are on scene with you

2 Likes

Support, this would help so I don’t have to piece together some officers sad excuse for date and time while I’m removing a record

3 Likes

Definite support; it takes ages to fill out each of the sections and find the charges on the MDT and tally up the time. Plus, some LEOs have difficulty spelling out a charge, and even the date or time in the worst cases.

3 Likes

identification does not necessarily have to be the arresting officer.

time and date makes sense and could happen.

3 Likes

i mean what if there are other officers around. i see a lot of flaws in this

2 Likes

Time and Date will be automated to current UTC time upon clicking the arrest button. Identification will not be automated as the arresting officer does not necessarily have to be the one filling out the LOVID (e.g. DOC arresting prisoners being transported).

2 Likes

The automated time and date section has been added.

3 Likes
2 Likes