Auto Ban if someone logs while in cuffs

Aren’t we all tired of those who log? A lot of Troopers are. It would be more helpful instead of having to take a screenshot and sending it to a dev.

5 Likes

There needs to be a better system in place to stop loggers

2 Likes

If someones internet goes down or they glitch out of game?

2 Likes

If someones internet goes down or they glitch out of game?

Yeah, exactly the reason I don’t like these types of systems. If someone accidentally disconnects then they are gone. Innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent.

RoaringRacer

3 Likes

thats why there is the appeal system

2 Likes

Support to this

2 Likes

Drien is right, otherwise, what’s the point of having an appeal system, ey? I fully support this idea, would prove useful.

Signed,

Wolfcreator2
Warden

2 Likes

It’s wrong, not everyone actualy logs think about it, you disconnect and you get banned how would that be fair? think long term not short term…

2 Likes

The thing is, they have no way to prove their internet went out.

2 Likes

… Yes you do it’s called an IP server it can determine when the wireless/or ewire or whatever it’s called when and why the server crashed, and or your IP history and things like that can tell you what happened.

2 Likes

i dont think roblox can track that for privacy reasons…

2 Likes

Alright, my time to shine.

So, with the way the system if someone logs/disconnects, that’s it they’re gone. A lot of people have been sending requests to the development to have these people banned. On top of that, there’s a glitch that we’re aware of when people reset/leave while in cuffs, the arresting officer gets glitched - the only way out of this being to reset or hit shift (though this doesn’t stop the animation). Yeah, as it is now it’s a huge hindrance; not only to you guys, but for us as well.

In the future, this won’t be the case (don’t quote me on the following btw, I can’t promise anything at this time). What I have planned is that when someone leaves while in cuffs, you can still continue to arrest them without any issue; it’s like they’re still in game. If they show a pattern of leaving while in cuffs, we might take that to a ban.
Now, if they reset while in cuffs? That’s a big no-no, and I have plans for that too. I’ll either have it auto-ban them or just automatically add 900 seconds or so to their jail time. I can’t speak for other devs, but when people come to me with ban requests for loggers I usually can’t be bothered to take care of it since I’m busy working on other things.

I do personally thank you for your suggestion; the development team hears all, and sees all (whether we respond or not).

3 Likes

Easy fix but likely subject to much lag.

Proposed idea:(I’m not familiar with all functional words in scripts, please forgive)

If someone is cuffed
Script gets name

every 5 seconds check to see if current individual is in cuffs
if same name is not present or lack of humanoid, send recorded name to a bot who will auto add to trellobans
elseif function imprison[or whatever it’s called] is run then no action taken
elseif function released [or whatever it’s called] is run then no action taken

Basically what the theory is is that as soon as someone is cuffed their name is recorded using a script and that the script will send the name to the banlist under the two exceptions of the imprisonment or release function.

Best Wishes,
-Mr. Law.

2 Likes

Please don’t spread false information

2 Likes

But what if someone is to be killed in cuffs? Will officers and suspects be invincible while in cuffs?

2 Likes

But there will be like a wait(30) on the gui to avoid corupts on having the gui on you waiting for you to do something

1 Like

Add in like a 5 second delay before you actually reset to stop people from reset logging.

1 Like

No, Reset button is disabled while in cuffs, bam.

1 Like